Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 05:43 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times

Advertisements

Straight Talk FINALLY decided to offer true unlimited for $55 a month.

finally

I might actually come back, for the free phones. Not only is this cheaper than Cricket and AT&T Prepaid, they don't have any data caps on the service. No 8 mbps, no 3 mbps. Real unlimited.

How does WiFI calling work on Straight Talk? It could be another strike against AT&T subsidiaries if they have it on Straight Talk. Right now Freedom Pop, Metro PCS, and Text Now seem to be the best options for WiFi calling on prepaid. I think that Verizon also offers it on their prepaid service.

So you don't have to get a Samsung phone anymore to take advantage of this. Great news for anyone looking for a free phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 07:11 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Where did you see it is unlimited and where did you see they give free phones?
Look below, the high speed data is limited and there is no reference to free phones, maybe I am missing something???
https://get.straighttalk.com/best-plans/
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	192318

Old 11-13-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Where did you see it is unlimited and where did you see they give free phones?
Look below, the high speed data is limited and there is no reference to free phones, maybe I am missing something???
https://get.straighttalk.com/best-plans/
Attachment 192318
They haven't updated the mobile site yet.

Plus I heard about it on Reddit and a few other sites. You can check it out here.

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/por...iceplans#hash2

I had to type in a phone number and click on the button. It gave me an error (because I am not a current straight talk customer) then the new web site came up, with current information.

Straight Talk has always offered free phones. They're usually older, refurbished phones. Meaning Android 4.4 KitKat or Android 4.1 Jellybean, older. But they are available.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:11 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
They haven't updated the mobile site yet.

Plus I heard about it on Reddit and a few other sites. You can check it out here.

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/por...iceplans#hash2

I had to type in a phone number and click on the button. It gave me an error (because I am not a current straight talk customer) then the new web site came up, with current information.

Straight Talk has always offered free phones. They're usually older, refurbished phones. Meaning Android 4.4 KitKat or Android 4.1 Jellybean, older. But they are available.
Thank you, I thought it would be important to others and I am considering changing from AT&T to another company if the numbers and all work out. Below is what I saw at your link.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	192321

Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Thank you, I thought it would be important to others and I am considering changing from AT&T to another company if the numbers and all work out. Below is what I saw at your link.
Attachment 192321
You're welcome. Straight Talk does offer AT&T, so you may want to check to make sure the model you're purchasing is one that is compatible with AT&T GSM, if you're looking to avoid AT&T's network.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:12 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
I went on their site. According to their payment calculator, With two phones I’d be paying $3 more a moth than with Verizon. If I only had one line I’d save $10 a month. Granted we are on a 4gig plan, but that’s all we need and we love Verizon coverage.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I went on their site. According to their payment calculator, With two phones I’d be paying $3 more a moth than with Verizon. If I only had one line I’d save $10 a month. Granted we are on a 4gig plan, but that’s all we need and we love Verizon coverage.
I don't blame you. Straight Talk needs to step up their game with group discounts.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:06 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
I'm on ST for AT&T a couple of years now. It's slightly more than Cricket but much faster. I get over 25mbps and I'm currently at 10gb a month for $45. The only problem I have with them is that they don't allow tethering, at least not on AT&T they don't. It is supposed to work on Verizon.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:02 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Are those the real monthly prices on their website, or are there a bunch of additional taxes/fees such as getting added to my AT&T bill?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:07 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Are those the real monthly prices on their website, or are there a bunch of additional taxes/fees such as getting added to my AT&T bill?
Taxes and fees are generally local, and added to the bill, so will probably be similar to what you see from AT&T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones