U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 11:59 AM

2,547 posts, read 1,898,984 times

Advertisements

I notice how so many people kind of getting own by a smartphone literally. For example, people are simply upgrading their software because they see a notification on their smartphone screen saying that a new version of the software is ready to be install, and all they did is upgrade it without any thought. Then you get all these complaints that oh my phone is not working, oh help what can I do.

Is funny how we human cannot control our own behavior, instead, we let all objects control our behavior and dictate what we do and how we should live throughout the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 12:07 PM

8,045 posts, read 5,856,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I notice how so many people kind of getting own by a smartphone literally.<>
I do not think that word means what you think it means. Things cannot actually own people.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:16 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,341,238 times
My car owns me, (I find I would be hugely inconvenienced without it).
My stove & refrigerator owns me (ditto). My soft comfortable bed, my rainproof coats, the list goes on.

And as each have upgrades become available, why not implement them?
When I replaced my fridge it was with a an in-door dispenser. My newest car has backup sensors, rain detection etc, etc.

Smartphones (aka pocket computers) are a tool that started out a gadget, evolved enormously in capability and is now exceptionally useful in daily tasks.
The great majority of software / app updates are bug-fixes and minor improvements, and every so often a new feature is added.

Why is this a problem?

Old 01-08-2018, 04:31 PM

13,039 posts, read 19,869,869 times
None of that stuff owns me. If any of those things don't do what I expect it to do, it gets trashed, or traded in. Same thing with the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or