U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:20 PM

11,818 posts, read 13,959,030 times

Advertisements

I bought a 6 pack off Amazon, 3 different lengths., like 4 years ago and we've only lost one so far. And I blame the wife for that. It was the 12 footer and its always getting caught on something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 08:39 PM

13,317 posts, read 20,365,611 times
I have been noticing the lightning cables not charging my phone despite being a new cable. It replaced an old cable that worked great for a long time. I just learned that iOS now sometimes requires me to unlock the phone before it will charge. However, the new cable I mentioned sometimes won't work until plug and unplug it 3 o 4 times first. After that, it works fine.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:17 PM

2,939 posts, read 2,463,822 times
It's pretty well known Apple cables are flimsy, overpriced, & junk. Like this article says, they basically offer no strain relief meaning a little twist or tug & they easily become undone at the end. I go with Anker when I need a replacement or want an extra. Much tougher overall & less expensive.

Lightning cables to replace your soon to be broken one

Old 02-19-2019, 02:18 PM

13,773 posts, read 9,277,850 times
I just think lightning cables are not designed to be durable, the connector is exposed which can wear out more easily if it's scratched or get dirty. The USB-C connector is protected.

I don't think Apple is replacing lghtning cables on the iPhones anytime soon with USB-C. They knew it's not durable and it's a money maker for them. I frequently have to replace lightning cables due to wear or faulty ones.

IF you google up there's overwhelming reason usb-c is better but Apple isn't adopting it on iPhones even though they went all USB-C on Macbooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones