U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2019, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Reputation: 8063

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Lots of people do it or it wouldn’t be on the menu. What you really mean is that “no one who has seen the question here has actually used that method”. I’m still hoping that someone who has can tell me whether it simply prints the paper BP immediately, or whether you still have to go through the 6 or seven questions.

Yea, that's exactly what I meant. Didn't think I needed to spell it out.
And just because 'it's on the menu' doesn't mean it's a popular feature.


Still say you're over thinking. You wanted to travel with a miniature printer?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2019, 02:47 PM
 
3,907 posts, read 2,977,788 times
Reputation: 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yea, that's exactly what I meant. Didn't think I needed to spell it out.
And just because 'it's on the menu' doesn't mean it's a popular feature.
Still say you're over thinking. You wanted to travel with a miniature printer?!?
Didn’t you already say we were just discussing things and I should chill out? I’m not interested in the mini printer after someone uploaded the YouTube video of how to use a kiosk.

Maybe someone who uses the rarely used sections of the kiosk will reply. I will try it if they have them in my little airport if nobody tells by then, and REPORT BACK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2019, 10:03 AM
 
Location: McAllen, TX
3,972 posts, read 2,615,898 times
Reputation: 4741
Here it is from an AA Agent.

How do I print my boarding pass for American Airlines?

And IF you cannot scan your phone to print your BP, type the confirmation number in. How long is it and how hard can that be?



And a little more from AA.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/kiosk.jsp

Last edited by gguerra; 03-28-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 06:41 AM
 
3,907 posts, read 2,977,788 times
Reputation: 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
As the OP, i understand all of this and have seen all the You tube videos. I am simply looking for someone who has actually scanned their bar code on their smart phone, to find out whether you have to go through the six questions to get a print out of the BP’s. 99% of people type in the six digit code for their flight and answer the 6 questions.

I’m looking for the 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Reputation: 8063
I'm 99% sure you have to answer those 6 questions as it is a security issue. I could just steal your phone and get your boarding pass too easily if all I have to do it scan a bar code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 08:33 AM
 
Location: McAllen, TX
3,972 posts, read 2,615,898 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
As the OP, i understand all of this and have seen all the You tube videos. I am simply looking for someone who has actually scanned their bar code on their smart phone, to find out whether you have to go through the six questions to get a print out of the BP’s. 99% of people type in the six digit code for their flight and answer the 6 questions.

I’m looking for the 1%.
I still don't understand why. Is it to save time?

If it is, you've already wasted more time posting on several threads now about printing a boarding pass by scanning your phone than you would of just typing in your confirmation number and answering the six questions to printing a boarding pass. In addition, you use the boarding pass ONE TIME. They scan it as you board the plane. Once you are on the plane and in your seat you will not need it unless you need to prove what seat you have. Once you are off of your flight, you can toss it in the trash. You will not need it again.

Can you also not print your BP from an email thereby eliminating all of the hassles that you describe? If you need a backup, then print it twice and in addition, you can still use your phone.

You're wasting your time asking here for the 1%. There's just not that many people in the "Computer" forum of City-Data.

I found a better forum for you to ask this. You may just find your 1% and they have a forum just for American Airlines.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...advantage-733/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 10:19 AM
 
3,907 posts, read 2,977,788 times
Reputation: 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I still don't understand why. Is it to save time?

If it is, you've already wasted more time posting on several threads now about printing a boarding pass by scanning
This is called a FORUM. Who knew? People gab here about their favorite topics all the time. How I waste my time is really none of your business. One of the great things about threads is that if you’ve already replied to it you can just not look at that one again, unless you have some kind of compulsive thread answering disorder.

I think I HAVE EXPLAINED my reasoning and position over and over again enough...but here goes again:

AA has four ways of getting a new paper BP. Scanning your credit card, scanning your passbook, scanning your smart phone, and typing in the 6 digit/letter number. I’ve done the typing in at home on my home computer which is essentially like a kiosk. But in the kiosk they ask you six questions. If you are in a hurry or re all thumbs answering the six questions is tiring.

So because this is a Forum where thousands of people read these posts now and then, and people just like to talk about stuff, I am simply wondering if anyone has used any of the other three methods, and whether they had to ask questions.

Unless you have become Forum God, you really don’t have the right yet to tell me that I don’t have the right to have my question answered. I used to partipate in a forum where there was a Forum God--- he actually owned RIME-net, and if he didn’t care for the question he could delete the person. Maybe you can do that; I don’t know.

Sly

P.S.: I have received more reps from people for this topic than any I have made a question for in months. So this means that there are a lot of lurkers out there in city data forum land who are actually interested in this thread, despite your non-interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 AM
 
Location: McAllen, TX
3,972 posts, read 2,615,898 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
This is called a FORUM. Who knew? People gab here about their favorite topics all the time. How I waste my time is really none of your business. One of the great things about threads is that if you’ve already replied to it you can just not look at that one again, unless you have some kind of compulsive thread answering disorder.

I think I HAVE EXPLAINED my reasoning and position over and over again enough...but here goes again:

AA has four ways of getting a new paper BP. Scanning your credit card, scanning your passbook, scanning your smart phone, and typing in the 6 digit/letter number. I’ve done the typing in at home on my home computer which is essentially like a kiosk. But in the kiosk they ask you six questions. If you are in a hurry or re all thumbs answering the six questions is tiring.

So because this is a Forum where thousands of people read these posts now and then, and people just like to talk about stuff, I am simply wondering if anyone has used any of the other three methods, and whether they had to ask questions.

Unless you have become Forum God, you really don’t have the right yet to tell me that I don’t have the right to have my question answered. I used to partipate in a forum where there was a Forum God--- he actually owned RIME-net, and if he didn’t care for the question he could delete the person. Maybe you can do that; I don’t know.

Sly

P.S.: I have received more reps from people for this topic than any I have made a question for in months. So this means that there are a lot of lurkers out there in city data forum land who are actually interested in this thread, despite your non-interest.
Have you gotten the answer you seek? That means there are NOT thousands of people that know what you are asking. Reps? For what exactly, a STUPID question. I doubt it.

Answering the six questions is tiring? Yeah, like conversing with you isn't?

P.S. I have a right to say anything I want (within the rules of course). You have a right to ignore me and I have the same which is what I will do from now on. Who cares about your stupid BP? YOU deal with it. Your attitude sucks! which I am sure others would agree on. Go bother someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Reputation: 8063
Did something happen to you while traveling that makes this so important to.... not answer 6 questions? You must have had a horrific experience somewhere if you were considering the hassle and inconvenience of carrying and packing and dealing with a tiny printer.


Serious question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 03:19 PM
 
3,907 posts, read 2,977,788 times
Reputation: 4929
I’m finally answering my own question. The AA kiosk no longer offers you the chance to scan your phone. You get three choices: scan your passport, scan your credit card you used to book, type in your 6 Letter trip number. All require you to answer the six questions.

I didn’t need to use it since I printed the paper boarding pass directly to my son’s air printer using my iPhone, from my Wallet app.

I like the copy of the BP better when I print it myself rather than the one the airline prints for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top