U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 06:27 PM

3,907 posts, read 2,976,943 times

Advertisements

I’m thinking of buying one of those ZINK printer portable iPhone printers They print about the size of my iPhone 7 screen.

Can I use it to print a backup paper boarding pass?

I can’t find any reference to this on the internet.

Has anybody done this?

Last edited by elnina; 03-26-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 09:44 PM

12,436 posts, read 22,100,341 times
Just print it when you get to the airport from a kiosk if you want a hard copy. Takes half a minute.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:51 PM

7,578 posts, read 4,200,004 times
Why would you need a “back up” boarding pass?

Old 03-23-2019, 10:02 PM

Could I get an answer to the question I asked rather that one that people made up?

If you don’t know the answer, don’t make up a new question and then answer that.

I’m old school(that is, age 70 from at time when computers didn’t always work). I like a back up.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:20 PM

The size of the boarding pass doesn't matter since it has a barcode. It scales.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:21 PM

14,218 posts, read 12,961,149 times
If you have a question about smartphines, ask here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/cell-phones-smartphones/

You can’t blame people for questioning your question. People lose their boarding passes all the time and they just have the gate agent print them up another one.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
You can’t blame people for questioning your question. People lose their boarding passes all the time and they just have the gate agent print them up another one.
That’s good to know.

I’ve not traveled by air much since before 9-11, and have just gotten too old for 3 days car trips. Every time I fly it seems like its more of a hassle since the last time I did it. The few times I’ve had to fly I always print a back up at home before I go. Its only recently that we actually got smart phones so that the travel process would be easier(Ok... my wife had an iPhone 4 that her daughter gave her, but it wasn’t really that smart, but I had a flip phone). I don’t like to have to add time for lines at ticket counters, and I hate unfamiliar airports.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
That’s good to know.

I’ve not traveled by air much since before 9-11, and have just gotten too old for 3 days car trips. Every time I fly it seems like its more of a hassle since the last time I did it. The few times I’ve had to fly I always print a back up at home before I go. Its only recently that we actually got smart phones so that the travel process would be easier(Ok... my wife had an iPhone 4 that her daughter gave her, but it wasn’t really that smart, but I had a flip phone). I don’t like to have to add time for lines at ticket counters, and I hate unfamiliar airports.
There are rarely lines at kiosks.

If you don't even have thirty seconds to print your pass at the airport I assume you also have precheck?

Old 03-23-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
There are rarely lines at kiosks.

If you don't even have thirty seconds to print your pass at the airport I assume you also have precheck?
Of course we have pre-check. And when TSA isn’t so booked its wonderful. But when you don’t travel a lot by air, these things can be a pain.

Will the kiosk accept my iPhone wallet document from the airline, and then print the paper copy or do I have to input my flight number from AA? I’ve never used a kiosk. I either print the paper at home, or at a computer at a hotel. But this time I will be staying at a friends house.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Of course we have pre-check. And when TSA isn’t so booked its wonderful. But when you don’t travel a lot by air, these things can be a pain.

Will the kiosk accept my iPhone wallet document from the airline, and then print the paper copy or do I have to input my flight number from AA? I’ve never used a kiosk. I either print the paper at home, or at a computer at a hotel. But this time I will be staying at a friends house.
I don't think you can scan your phone but have never tried. I just use my PNR.

https://youtu.be/zkq0FfOkd70
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or