U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2019, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Ocala, FL
3,450 posts, read 6,331,405 times
Reputation: 3076

Advertisements

As stated, the plan in question is only available in FL with Verizon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2019, 07:03 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 2,510,794 times
Reputation: 1032
I have gigabit internet at home and almost never put my phone on WiFi - only when I'm doing updates. Verizon, unlimited. The only time I've been throttled is when I was using it as a hotspot with an Apple TV paired to it streaming video for a week on vacation. Hit my limit and just switched it to my wifes phone for the rest of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 11:33 AM
 
Location: West Central Ohio
441 posts, read 253,153 times
Reputation: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
As stated, the plan in question is only available in FL with Verizon.
I'm in Ohio and was given the 55+ Loyalty unlimited so was my sister
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Ocala, FL
3,450 posts, read 6,331,405 times
Reputation: 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
I'm in Ohio and was given the 55+ Loyalty unlimited so was my sister
That is an entirely different plan. The plan in Florida allows up to 2 lines for $35/each if auto pay is enrolled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2019, 06:35 PM
 
7,099 posts, read 2,586,829 times
Reputation: 5056
You asked a very good question and something I have wondered about also. If we have unlimited, then it should be a personal choice to use wifi or not, right? I don't like using public wifi. And, then we have 3G or LTE, I have selected LTE but sometimes it bounces back to 3G depending on the signal strength. I heard there is 4G coming up and then it'll really be fast but I think our heads would explode. There are a lot of fears surrounding 4G, well health fears but maybe that is just because it is going to be so new and no one knows how the human body will be affected. I was excited about 4G till I heard people were actually worried about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2019, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Ocala, FL
3,450 posts, read 6,331,405 times
Reputation: 3076
Rest assured, Wifi calling is strictly optional and is just an alternative method to make/rcv calls when there is no reliable cellular signal. The cellular carriers prefer it when customers use WiFi as it it lightens the carrier's network load.

4G networks are currently and rapidly replacing the older 3G networks. While many users still utilize 3G devices, the major carriers are selling devices compatible with 4G (LTE) networks and the older 3G networks for now.

The newer technology is referred to as 5G which is currently only available in very few cities and even less # of compatible phones. The new 5G won't be widely available until 2020-2021 likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2019, 11:45 AM
 
7,099 posts, read 2,586,829 times
Reputation: 5056
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Rest assured, Wifi calling is strictly optional and is just an alternative method to make/rcv calls when there is no reliable cellular signal. The cellular carriers prefer it when customers use WiFi as it it lightens the carrier's network load.

4G networks are currently and rapidly replacing the older 3G networks. While many users still utilize 3G devices, the major carriers are selling devices compatible with 4G (LTE) networks and the older 3G networks for now.

The newer technology is referred to as 5G which is currently only available in very few cities and even less # of compatible phones. The new 5G won't be widely available until 2020-2021 likely.
Thank you for explaining about Wifi and also why the carriers want us to use Wifi more because it helps them with their network load, didn't know that. Also, I was thinking 5G but got confused and typed 4G - WOW, 5G, that would be so fast, I can't even imagine and they are probably getting the towers ready and new phones for it. Sometimes I think why do we have to have such high speeds, really... I am a slow adopter so I am probably going to get 4G next and it would probably take me even many more years to get 5G, even after it is widely available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2019, 11:46 AM
 
7,099 posts, read 2,586,829 times
Reputation: 5056
Oh, wait, 4G is LTE, so I am using 4G now LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2019, 12:01 AM
 
212 posts, read 52,485 times
Reputation: 182
i'm on the get more unlimited plan with verizon
and it comes with75 gb of smartphone data
30 gb of mobile hot spot data when using your phone as a mobile hot spot
we have 5G in my area so that's truly unlimited no throttling weather your surfing on your phone or using it as a hot spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 05:36 AM
 
7,160 posts, read 3,912,101 times
Reputation: 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmfan2018 View Post
i'm on the get more unlimited plan with verizon
and it comes with75 gb of smartphone data
30 gb of mobile hot spot data when using your phone as a mobile hot spot
we have 5G in my area so that's truly unlimited no throttling weather your surfing on your phone or using it as a hot spot
Does your phone get 5G though? Only a few handsets like the Galaxy S10 do. Otherwise you’re 4G/LTE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top