Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2019, 02:27 PM

2,323 posts, read 2,178,003 times

Advertisements

Nowadays, I have seen so many people wearing the tiny headphone on public transportation. It is tiny piece with a small box (something like attached photo).

For majority of the device, is it Wireless Headphone or Bluetooth Headphone?

My main concern: How frequently should I charge the device? It looks convenient, but it will both me a lot if it requires charging frequently.

Does it have bad side effect on health?

How should I know if my PC or smartphone support the device? I think most PC/smartphone should support bluetooth, but not sure for wireless headphone.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Wireless Headphone and Bluetooth Headphone-main_33_4.1539987692.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 04:01 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
FYI: Wireless headphone = Bluetooth headphone. I am not sure how often it has to be re-charged but I do know with regular use it should be good for more than a few hours or longer.

Bluetooth is a very safe method of data transfer.

As long as your phone has Bluetooth capability (and most current devices over the past 5 years or more do) it should be supported. Some PC's do have Bluetooth, but many still do not. I have owned several desktop and laptop computers who have not, but there are peripherals that will make it available for a low cost if your computer doesn't currently.

Old 10-19-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
FYI: Wireless headphone = Bluetooth headphone. I am not sure how often it has to be re-charged but I do know with regular use it should be good for more than a few hours or longer.

As long as your phone has Bluetooth capability (and most current devices over the past 5 years or more do) it should be supported. Some PC's do have Bluetooth, but many still do not. I have owned several desktop and laptop computers who have not, but there are peripherals that will make it available for a low cost if your computer doesn't currently.
Based on the information I just searched...

Technology – Bluetooth is basically a wireless technology used to connect multiple devices using radio waves without using wires or cable within a short range. Bluetooth technology is used to send and receive data and information using Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices such as a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or any Bluetooth-enabled device. Bluetooth headphones directly pair with your cellphone via Bluetooth to provide a wire-free listening experience.

Wireless headsets, on the other hand, transmit audio signals either through infrared or radio frequency waves. The device receives the signal usually from a base that is connected to a device such as a speaker, smartphone, gaming console, or a computer without any kind of a cable or wire. The headset is powered by standard batteries which can be easily replaced if ran out of juice.

Old 10-19-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I am not talking about if it is safe to transfer data, I am talking about it is bad for personal health when exposing to radio waves for long period of time.

Old 10-19-2019, 04:27 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
Based on the information I just searched...

Technology – Bluetooth is basically a wireless technology used to connect multiple devices using radio waves without using wires or cable within a short range. Bluetooth technology is used to send and receive data and information using Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices such as a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or any Bluetooth-enabled device. Bluetooth headphones directly pair with your cellphone via Bluetooth to provide a wire-free listening experience.

Wireless headsets, on the other hand, transmit audio signals either through infrared or radio frequency waves. The device receives the signal usually from a base that is connected to a device such as a speaker, smartphone, gaming console, or a computer without any kind of a cable or wire. The headset is powered by standard batteries which can be easily replaced if ran out of juice.

Any that connect to your phone will be Bluetooth. There are other radio formats that ones with a receiver might use, but even those could use Bluetooth.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:21 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Bluetooth should pose no health risk, nor have I ever heard of any potential risks. If you are worried about health risks, I would be more concerned about talking on a cellphone (not that I am, and I had a brain tumor long before I had a cell phone).

Wireless headsets (in relation to cell phones) have always connected via a Bluetooth connection since they were first sold. Prior to that they were plugged via a wire into the cell phone. The second paragraph that you quoted is seriously outdated and not accurate in regards to use with cell phones. Typical wireless headsets charge via a USB connector and do not have replaceable batteries.

What was the source of the quote? Wikipedia ? (I seriously doubt that)

Last edited by dontaskwhy; 10-19-2019 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-19-2019, 08:49 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Bluetooth should pose no health risk, nor have I ever heard of any potential risks. If you are worried about health risks, I would be more concerned about talking on a cellphone (not that I am, and I had a brain tumor long before I had a cell phone).

Wireless headsets (in relation to cell phones) have always connected via a Bluetooth connection since they were first sold. Prior to that they were plugged via a wire into the cell phone. The second paragraph that you quoted is seriously outdated and not accurate in regards to use with cell phones. Typical wireless headsets charge via a USB connector and do not have replaceable batteries.

What was the source of the quote? Wikipedia ? (I seriously doubt that)

I think the second source was referring to non cell phone wireless headsets, like the kind you can buy to listen to your TV or a stereo around the house.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:33 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
... I am talking about it is bad for personal health when exposing to radio waves for long period of time.
Only if you are also concerned about the health risks from the light coming from your floor lamp.
IE: Zero risk.
The parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that can do damage to living tissue are very different than the very small parts that are used by radios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones