U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 03:11 PM

2,255 posts, read 1,129,902 times

Advertisements

I don't star things, I'm not sure what that means, so I probably don't.

I did recently install 2 apps, but I think this started happening before I installed them. I have since deleted the apps since I thought they might be causing issues and they didn't do what I wanted anyway.

The only thing I do is listen to songs in my library when I'm out walking. I go to artists, click on the the artist I want, click on Play From Top (from the music symbol in the middle right side) and listen with wired headphone.

I only noticed that the sound was gone from a game because I went to this game to test the sound and the sound was gone. I was able to make a call and that sound worked.

If I remove and reinstall the app, will that remove the songs in my library?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 03:30 PM

A couple more updates, I'm still trying to solve this:

1. I don't have to clear cache, restarting will bring the sound back.

2. I can listen to the sound without headphones, but that doesn't help when I'm exercising. I haven't tested to see how long the sound stays on, but it's longer than the 2 minutes with the headphones on.

3. I can hear the sound with the wired headphones on when I'm sitting on my couch . I haven't tested to see how long the sound stays on, but it's longer than the 2 minutes while walking. I'm wondering if the phone is overheating or some setting is inadvertently getting turned off when the phone is in my pocket.

4. I have wireless headphones, I will try these tomorrow on my walk.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 AM

13,041 posts, read 15,151,492 times
This just gets weirder and weirder. lol
So at this point I think it is either the headphone JACK on the phone is loose and cutting out when you are walking around or the headphones themselves.

To answer the reinstall question, no it does not delete your songs but I think we've ruled out the app at this point so no need to reinstall.

Old 02-08-2021, 12:34 PM

Today I used my wireless headphones and the sound did not cut out, so it's definitely the cheap wired headphones or the connector I had to buy because the headphone jack was removed from the pixel. I'll try with another wired headphone and connector I have and see if the sound stays on. I prefer the wired headphones (earbuds) but if I have to use the wireless ones I will. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This just gets weirder and weirder. lol
So at this point I think it is either the headphone JACK on the phone is loose and cutting out when you are walking around or the headphones themselves.
Would that cause the sound to go out and not come back until I restarted the phone?

I appreciate all your help if I haven't already said so!

Old 02-09-2021, 01:38 PM

18,771 posts, read 12,022,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Google Play Music is moving to YouTube Music. Is this any good? Does it have to the same features as GPM?

Anyone have any aps they use that they like better than these 2 aps- YT Music and GPM?

I already have a library and i don't buy songs or pay a monthly fee to listen to songs that are not on my library.

Thanks!
Youtube music sucks, same as Apple music also sucks. Because both companies are not experts in the industry. Why is Spotify the lead? Because they have real people that came from the industry and they understand what people like. Listening to Apple music is like being forced to listen to music and artists I don't like. Youtube Music is a joke, also heavily marketing mainstream music to you.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Youtube music sucks, same as Apple music also sucks. Because both companies are not experts in the industry. Why is Spotify the lead? Because they have real people that came from the industry and they understand what people like.
One of the founders ran Stardoll an online fashion game. The other ran a digital marketing company. Not really industry people. The reason Spotify is one of the best: they've simply been doing it longer. They launched in 2009. They weren't always the best and there were many hiccups a long the way. But yea, they stole Pandora's crown and are #1 today by a big margin.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:12 PM

Default 02/10/21 Update

Today's test. I used a different pair of cheap earbubs and a different USB-C to headphone jack and I did not lose the sound. So it's either the earbuds or the adaptor. I'm happy it's not the pixel or the app! I'm not sure if I'll continue the test to see if it's the earbuds, adaptor or if the sound just didn't cut out today.

But I'm weird and I want to know what is failing.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:35 PM

OK so getting into the app a little more...

By STARRING songs you can rate them. 5 star, 4 stars. That's what I meant by 'Starring thing'. So your absolute favorite tracks would all be 5 stars. This can help later.

Do you know how to make a playlist? Hope so. Cuz if you want I can teach you about LIVE LISTS. Warning: might blow your mind.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
OK so getting into the app a little more...

By STARRING songs you can rate them. 5 star, 4 stars. That's what I meant by 'Starring thing'. So your absolute favorite tracks would all be 5 stars. This can help later.

Do you know how to make a playlist? Hope so. Cuz if you want I can teach you about LIVE LISTS. Warning: might blow your mind.
Are playlists the same as live lists? I'd love to learn how to do this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones