U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2021, 09:02 AM

13,638 posts, read 6,766,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
My friend has TMobile. He can't get 5g at his house. Came over here and ran a speed test. It was over 150 inside my house.
I get maybe 40 on VZW 5g. I haven't been anywhere that good coverage though. The 5g coverage is so bad.
As you point out, it’s more of a “nice to have” than “need to have” right now. The fact that I get it with my plan at no additional cost is nice.

One other benefit on 5G with iPhones is that they have options for higher def FaceTime on 5G as well as extended downloads. On 4G you can’t do iOS updates or large downloads except on WiFi.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:50 PM

18,100 posts, read 5,074,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Thank you for posting this.

A few weeks ago I noticed that Jethro Wireless had this plan (unlimited talk and text, no data)....a plan I’d never seen before (and eventually will work well for me) and I thought that was a great deal at $10 per month, and this is half that if this (or better) is still available in April of 2022 (when my credit balances that Verizon and AT&T owe me will be bled out), I’ll jump on this. Like Liberty, Jethro Wireless is a T-mobile MVNO.
I just looked again, and Liberty Wireless no longer has this plan, but they do have two that are still better than the Jethro Wireless plan.

One is monthly, like the Jethro Wireless plan, and is $10 like the Jethro Wireless Plan, and also includes unlimited talk and text, but that Liberty Wireless plan also includes 1GB of data every 30 days.

The other is yearly (like the $5 per month plan they no longer have). It is $100 per year rather than the $60 per year of the one no longer offered, but it does include 1GB of data every 30 days, whereas the $60 one no longer offered didn’t include data.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones