Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2020, 02:24 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,169,630 times

Advertisements

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...6i?usp=sharing

See the red box: I have uploaded screenshots to Google Drive. I selected "Export to file", then the system shows "The message has been exported to: /files/voicemail-..... ".

Now my question is: where is the folder "/files"? I looked into app Files, no such file found.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 01:39 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Without knowing more it's difficult.

I assume Android but what version and what phone is it?

Instead of "Export to File", try "Save to Google Drive" or Gmail and then send to yourself.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:51 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
That "Files app" is what you need to use. The problem is 'Voicemail' is probably so buried under other folders it's hard to find.
When you choose EXPORT TO FILE can YOU choose where it goes?

Old 12-14-2020, 01:53 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,169,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
When you choose EXPORT TO FILE can YOU choose where it goes?
NO. It is somewhere in Android phone hard drive, the system shows where it is, but there is just no folder called "Voicemail" under Files app

Old 12-14-2020, 02:04 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
NO. It is somewhere in Android phone hard drive, the system shows where it is, but there is just no folder called "Voicemail" under Files app
As I stated, it varies by app and OS version.

According to your 2nd screenshot the sub folder is called "files". The individual files are voicemail..... with extension of ".amr".

Do a search in the for "amr" OR do a search for "files" which is the name of the folder.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:03 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Cell phones don't use a "Hard Drive" like a laptop or desktop computer. They use the equivalent of a SSD instead. VM is not typically stored in an Android device like it is on an iPhone. It is stored on your carrier's storage devices instead.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:45 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
I would still consider an SSD a "Hard Drive", Don't Ask. Whatever Voicemail program that is using obviously can Export a VM to the phone if you looked at the SS.

Quote:
Ok, so the screenshot you shared says the file is under \files\voicemail. Not the "Files" app. The Files app if you have that is what you use to browse the 'hard drive' of the phone.
What the file path listed there is showing you is only what the app sees. So that path "\files\voicemail" is nested under another folder on the 'hard drive' or more correctly the phones internal memory. So you need to find either the voicemail folder (more likely) or shared space on the phone that has a 'voicemail folder'.

To do this on my phone I open the "Files app". I actually have 2 of them. One from Google and one from the company that makes my phone. Click the menu on the upper left. Click my phone. It lists on the folders.

You need to learn how to browse the phone with this app. Which is why we need more info to walk you through it.
What phone do you have? Which FILES app do you have?

You can use your computer, too, if you know how to get your phone in the right 'mode'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones