U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 08:40 AM

13,036 posts, read 15,137,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Thanks all. Plenty of memory. Only 27% used. preinstalled camera saves to preinstalled photis and suddenly stopped saving to photos or anywhere else. Googled and apparently this has been a moto issue for years but I can't find any fix except this was the last moto I wikl ever get.
This has not been a Moto issue "for years". I have had several Moto phones over the years and I've never had an issue. Not at all common, I assure you, as someone who used to be a moderator for a Motorola forum.
Can you do a reset on it? Are you willing and able?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 10:31 AM

1,118 posts, read 680,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This has not been a Moto issue "for years". I have had several Moto phones over the years and I've never had an issue. Not at all common, I assure you, as someone who used to be a moderator for a Motorola forum.
Can you do a reset on it? Are you willing and able?

Well I am returning it - luckily they are willing to give me a new Stylus. I am just trying to figure out how to delete photos on the old phone at this point - and move them to the SD card. I THINK they were all uploaded to the cloud but it is hard to tell where this Moto stores anything. You can't easily even transfer them to your computer with a USB - like you could with other non Apple phones- because you can't find anything when you open explorer and look in the folders where things should be. Nothing is easy or intuitive on this Stylus phone.

I think I want to uninstall Google Photos on the new Stylus - and just use a different phone app. The camera seems to be flimsy too but I hoping the one on the replacement works better.

If you have any photo app suggestions that will work with this phone - running Android 10 - I'd appreciate it. Google photos app might be part of the problem. I had a millennial who is good with these things look at it - and he can't figure out why old pics and video disappeared and don't load either. Sometimes camera store new pics in photos now - sometimes it doesn't. It is not reliable and you miss important shots when it isn't.

I would get a different phone - maybe try a Samsung - but they will only swap the same model out so that's better then nothing.

Tried to rep you but apparently, I already have and I can't do it again until I spread the love around more.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
g. You can't easily even transfer them to your computer with a USB - like you could with other non Apple phones- because you can't find anything when you open explorer and look in the folders where things should be. Nothing is easy or intuitive on this Stylus phone.
You can. When you connect an Android phone these days, you have to switch it to file browsing mode. It defaults to charging mode. Any new phone would do that same thing.
If you swipe down from the top you'll see it says "In Charge Mode". Tap that and you can switch.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:37 PM

4,535 posts, read 7,293,767 times
Every time I plug a cell phone to my computer through a USB connection, it asks me to choose what I want to do. This could be to transfer photos if I select it. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 currently.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Every time I plug a cell phone to my computer through a USB connection, it asks me to choose what I want to do. This could be to transfer photos if I select it. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 currently.
Right, that's coming from Windows. Any Android phone on the newer OS, I think this started in ver 9, automatically chooses charging mode and you have to manually switch at which time you will get the Windows prompt you are referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones