U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 11:02 AM

1,118 posts, read 680,976 times

Advertisements

Bought a Moto Stylus that has been used primarily for a camera - only a few months old - suddenly the camera won't save anything to photos. It is a total waste. The pics taken with the camera just disappear. Anything I can check before I fight with the store to take this piece of crap back?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 04:26 PM

4,535 posts, read 7,293,767 times
Do you have sufficient free memory left for storage of the new photos ? If not, if your memory is full and you have an SD slot, that is a cheap and easy solution.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:07 PM

177 posts, read 22,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Do you have sufficient free memory left for storage of the new photos ? If not, if your memory is full and you have an SD slot, that is a cheap and easy solution.
Phone can show message "your memory is full to save pictures" in this case.
Besides, how could he fill 128 GB of storage in two months?

Old 11-26-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
The pics taken with the camera just disappear.
How can you see pics? With gallery viewer or file explorer?

Old 11-27-2020, 01:11 AM

18,095 posts, read 5,069,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec.S View Post
Phone can show message "your memory is full to save pictures" in this case.
Besides, how could he fill 128 GB of storage in two months?
1. The save location might be pointing to the phone rather than to the SD card.

2. Even if the save location is pointing to the SD card, the card might have a lot of user recorded video on it.

Old 11-27-2020, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. The save location might be pointing to the phone rather than to the SD card.

2. Even if the save location is pointing to the SD card, the card might have a lot of user recorded video on it.
That phone have internal 128 Gb storage. I can't imagine how to fill it during a couple of months!!!

Old 11-27-2020, 04:44 AM

18,095 posts, read 5,069,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec.S View Post
That phone have internal 128 Gb storage. I can't imagine how to fill it during a couple of months!!!
Yeah you’re right.

I’ve had the pointing issue (and it seems to randomly reset it self) on one of my phones (a cheap android ZTE) that also has a 128gb card in it, but that cheap ZTE only has 16gb of internal memory, so where the storage is pointing to matters.

That phone (according to a website I looked at) has a max video recording capability of only 1080p @ 30fps, so it would take quite a bit to fill up the card and the phone.

In the comments section on GSMarena, someone seems to be discussing the OP’s situation (it’s hard to say...I’m not familiar with that phone and the most recent OS on any of my old Android phones is Nougat).

Old 11-27-2020, 11:21 PM

1,118 posts, read 680,976 times
Thanks all. Plenty of memory. Only 27% used. preinstalled camera saves to preinstalled photis and suddenly stopped saving to photos or anywhere else. Googled and apparently this has been a moto issue for years but I can't find any fix except this was the last moto I wikl ever get.

Old 11-28-2020, 03:40 AM

You can try this method:
step 1) Save all important info from phone to PC with myphonexplorer (for example)
step 2) Reset phone to factory settings
You can understand it is hardware or software error
second method
1) enter engineer mode in the time of phone booting
2) check up your camera working properly

Old 11-28-2020, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yeah you’re right.

I’ve had the pointing issue (and it seems to randomly reset it self) on one of my phones (a cheap android ZTE) that also has a 128gb card in it, but that cheap ZTE only has 16gb of internal memory, so where the storage is pointing to matters.

That phone (according to a website I looked at) has a max video recording capability of only 1080p @ 30fps, so it would take quite a bit to fill up the card and the phone.

In the comments section on GSMarena, someone seems to be discussing the OP’s situation (it’s hard to say...I’m not familiar with that phone and the most recent OS on any of my old Android phones is Nougat).
It's about 130 min of record with 1080p @ 60fps on 32Gb SD full. There is 128Gb
Unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones