U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 06:59 PM

26,922 posts, read 34,479,542 times

Advertisements

Before I went the iPhone route I had a cheap bottom of the barrel Motorola phone. It was smart(ish) phone. I hated it. Now the old pre smartphone Razr and earlier than that the Startac were good phones.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 09:27 PM

2,865 posts, read 1,381,886 times
My wife and I have had g5+ phones for a few years now. They are good, basic smart phones. I no longer get updates from Google, and Motorola recently issued an update that broke Bluetooth on my phone. After a week they issued a patch and now it’s working again. I’m going back to an iPhone soon for better support and a faster processor.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:27 AM

13,016 posts, read 15,119,575 times
The G5 has always been a low to mid range phone.

Motorola's current flagship is on sale for $499. This is an insane deal for a near top end phone.

https://www.motorola.com/us/smartpho...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 02-01-2021, 09:15 AM

916 posts, read 314,968 times
the 2021 version of the stylus phone is great value as well its not as snappy or bright as a Samsung note but its a fraction of the price and if you only use a stylus to jot down notes its all you need

im about to get one, its much bigger than my current moto g stylus with a few improvements that makes it a worthwhile upgrade

Old 02-01-2021, 08:28 PM

222 posts, read 193,985 times
Since this seems to be a Moto thread I have some questions as well.

I need a new phone. I've always stayed in the $55 to $70 dollar range, and have always had issues. Basically, they manifest in the form of constant dropped calls, people can't hear me nor I them,and low volume when I'm listening to music through youtube.

Unfortunately both phones I've had this happened to me are from the Moto line.

My current one is Moto E5 Play.

The last one Motorola Moto E5 GO

I don't want to give up on the Moto line quite yet though so I thought maybe I can get a better phone if I go up in price.

What do you all think of these two I'm considering?

https://www.amazon.com/3-Day-Battery...st_sto_dp&th=1
This one is cheaper and has a Amazon choice tag by it and great reviews, but it's also under the Moto E line, a line I'm wary of.

https://www.amazon.com/3-Day-Battery...st_sto_dp&th=1
This one is a bit more expensive. However, it's under the G line so something new. It only has three stars though, and the reviews are lukewarm.

Note: I don't care about anything fancy. I just want to be able to make calls that people can hear and vice versa, and also keep dropped calls nonexistent. I also like to watch Netflix on my phone and that's about it.

My carrier is Verizon.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:06 PM

13,016 posts, read 15,119,575 times
They are both junk. Anything less then $250 brand new is going to be... flat out ... junk.
Especially in the all quality department.
No way you would be willing to go $499 for the Edge I shared earlier. It really is a great deal. That phone debuted at $799. If you absolutely cannot then you should consider used.

https://swappa.com/mobile/buy/lg-g7-thinq/verizon

https://swappa.com/mobile/buy/moto-z3/verizon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones