U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 08:19 PM

2,601 posts, read 906,072 times

Advertisements

I need an unlocked phone and Motorola seems to be the cheapest. Will it last a year or 2? I just need a basic phone to replace my dying iPhone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 09:22 PM

4,532 posts, read 7,280,743 times
IMHO, a Motorola phone should be good for you based on your comments. Which cellular carrier and what state/city are you planning to use the phone ?

Old 12-21-2020, 07:45 AM

916 posts, read 314,968 times
I have a moto g stylus, I have had Samsung notes in the past but this stylus easily meets my needs and is fantastic value for money

Old 12-21-2020, 11:42 AM

3,579 posts, read 3,063,977 times
I had moto phones for years, in fact still have a Droid Turbo (in a drawer somewhere) and a Droid Z-Force (used as an clock in my bedroom). I found they were very well made; and their UI was the least invasive as compared to LG/Samsung. However, due to their not having some features I wanted (such as wireless charging), I jumped to LG (terrible UI) then to Samsung (on screen fingerprint reader would not read my thumb) then go Pixel.

If they had the features I wanted, I would not hesitate to get another Moto.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:29 PM

4,482 posts, read 1,787,859 times
I’m currently using a MotoZ2 Play and it’s been serving me great. In the 3+ years that I’ve been using it, I’ve only had a single crash.The only downside with it, is that it no longer gets Android OS updates from Google.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:40 PM

3,421 posts, read 4,442,108 times
We have a pair of Motorola Moto G7 Play’s and have not had any issues in two years. Before that we had a pair of Motorola’s that we had for at least three years and still worked but we upgraded during a special.

The current ones like the ones prior had great battery life and took excellent pictures. While not the Apple IPhones that everyone seems to want we love our Moto G7 Play’s.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:45 PM

4,532 posts, read 7,280,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
While not the Apple IPhones that everyone seems to want we love our Moto G7 Play’s.
And that is what matters, what works for you and that you are happy with. No need to worry about what others might think of your phone choice.

This is the type of feedback that I think the OP is looking for.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:04 PM

76 posts, read 25,143 times
We've had good luck with Moto phones. I'm still using my inexpensive Moto G4 Play that is more than 3 years old and have been very happy with it even though it's considered low end. I've never had any problems with it. Since I'm a computer person rather than cell phone person, I don't use it constantly. Still, it does what I need. I mainly use it for talk and text, but I'll also use it while out for store orders as well as fast food apps. The battery life is long, and I only have to charge it about every 3 days. I've never had to replace the battery, but I can with this model.

My husband just bought a Moto G Power to replace his 3-year-old Moto E4. He sees a big difference in speed and he loves that he doesn't have to charge the G Power every day. His E4 was still working, but because he used it so much, he was having to recharge the battery twice a day. This was even after getting a new battery.

The pictures and video on all of the Moto phones have been good and clear, but we're probably not the best of judges because we usually only take pictures of our dogs.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:21 PM

87 posts, read 66,683 times
You can get a nice unlocked Moto X4 unlocked off ebay for about $100.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:51 AM

2,809 posts, read 977,576 times
I don't know...I've had an I-Phone and when Hubs decided he should get a 'smart' phone he picked the motorola. He can't figure out how to use all the functionality and frankly, neither can I !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones