U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 01:40 PM

57 posts, read 26,452 times

Advertisements

How could landline/mobile phone in the u.s. be traced to the owners home address? If I have someones number, how can I trace this phone number to where they live? How can their home address be traced via a mobile/landline phone? Is this possible to do or not? Assuming that their number could be used to trace where they live, what technology will allow for this?? Would anyone happen to know??
Rate this post positively

Old 01-10-2021, 01:57 PM

15,443 posts, read 24,395,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosg View Post
How could landline/mobile phone in the u.s. be traced to the owners home address? If I have someones number, how can I trace this phone number to where they live? How can their home address be traced via a mobile/landline phone? Is this possible to do or not? Assuming that their number could be used to trace where they live, what technology will allow for this?? Would anyone happen to know??
You ask a lot of really weird questions. Why don't you just spit out what you want to do in one thread?

So you have someone from the US's phone number. You want to see if you can find their home address from it. There's this really neat website called google. I enter a phone number into it, sometimes I luck out, it gives me websites where the number is attached to someone.

If I want to know if I have a cell or land line, there's a website called fone finder for cell phones, it will tell you the area and cell provider. If a landline I use a site called white pages, you may luck out that it gives an address.

There's also a section here for people search. You add the person's info in the subject, people here will help you locate the person.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:53 PM

45,027 posts, read 64,408,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosg View Post
Knowing that you don't live in the US - most countries have less relaxed privacy laws, and tracking people online isn't so successful as is in the US.
Here in the US, if the info is not public, you would need to pay to trace a person.

Are you still trying to track the attorney?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones