Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 PM

20 posts, read 25,914 times

Advertisements

this posting is just a reality check for people who rely heavenly on technology. I am not fully against it( obviously i'm on the computer typing this thread), but i think its a problem when people lose skills that they've delevoped over the years without technology.

People really need to get it together..everywhere I look there's an idiot walking into a wall because he/shes has their face glued to a PDA...Humans have come along way and have taught themselves how to do without...now people don't even know the meaning of "doing without".

Cellphones are so useless its ridiculous. Most people who buy them , only buy them because its cool...yet those are the same people who complain about not have any money??..Back then people actually did more reading than they do now. People have gotten so lazy because of technology ( when i say lazy, i mean physically and mostly MENTALLY)<----...when was the last time you seen someone remember a phone number with out looking at the PDA's "phone book"??...NEVER!..as small as that last example I just made may seem...its really scary to think that people can't even remember a phone numbers anymore..

People are using wireless internet access on their phones to send emails while sitting in front of a desktop computer with internet access???, people are watching movies on little CELLPHONE screens?? ...and Texting....one of the biggest problems, yet one of the most profitable things to come along in this world....texting.The problem with texting is that people have gotten so use to it to the point that they have no idea how to carry on a conversation with another person anymore..the word "YES" is just a few keystrokes away!

I worked at this office in mid-town and I notice the manager throwing out a PERFECTLY good coffee maker...and replaced it with an automatic coffee and TEA maker??...Now..i could understand having a coffee maker...to an extent...but to make hot tea??? how Mod cut: language difficult is it to dip a tea bag into a cup of hot water???? The problem with today's world is that people are too stuck on their WANTS!! and not on their NEEDS!...whats funny is that people are being brain washed to think that these "wants" are "the NEEDS"...its sad that the better technology gets,the more lazy and stupid people get.....well except for me.

for the love of yourself, people, open up your eyes, learn to do things yourself, and shut off the cell phone because the person you're speaking to on the phone is sitting right across from you...

a perfect example of what could possibly happen to the human race in the future is in the Animated movie "Wall-E". As entertaining this movie is, it has "the future of the human race" written all over it.

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-27-2009 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,009,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatman12 View Post
the better technology gets..the more lazy and stupid people get, well, some of us, me not included.

Do you mean that people are getting so lazy that they don't even bother to proofread or spellcheck their posts anymore?

Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 PM

20 posts, read 25,914 times
lololol!!...its all fixed,is that better for you? and my error was due to anger and frustration,

Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,086,109 times
Quote:
this posting is just a reality check for people who rely heavenly on technology. I am not fully against it( obviously i'm on the computer typing this thread), but i think its a problem when people lose skills that they've delevoped over the years without technology.

People really need to get it together..everywhere I look there's an idiot walking into a wall because he/shes has their face glued to a PDA...Humans have come along way and have taught themselves how to do without...now people don't even know the meaning of "doing without".

Cellphones are so useless its ridiculous. Most people who buy them , only buy them because its cool...yet those are the same people who complain about not have any money??..Back then people actually did more reading than they do now. People have gotten so lazy because of technology ( when i say lazy, i mean physically and mostly MENTALLY)<----...when was the last time you seen someone remember a phone number with out looking at the PDA's "phone book"??...NEVER!..as small as that last example I just made may seem...its really scary to think that people can't even remember a phone numbers anymore..

People are using wireless internet access on their phones to send emails while sitting in front of a desktop computer with internet access???, people are watching movies on little CELLPHONE screens?? ...and Texting....one of the biggest problems, yet one of the most profitable things to come along in this world....texting.The problem with texting is that people have gotten so use to it to the point that they have no idea how to carry on a conversation with another person anymore..the word "YES" is just a few keystrokes away!

I worked at this office in mid-town and I notice the manager throwing out a PERFECTLY good coffee maker...and replaced it with an automatic coffee and TEA maker??...Now..i could understand having to coffee maker...to an extent...but to make hot tea??? how Mod cut: language difficult is it to dip a tea bag into a cup of hot water???? The problem with todays world is that people are too stuck on their WANTS!! and not on there NEEDS!...whats funny is that people are being brain washed to think that these "wants are "the NEEDS"...its sad that the better technology gets,the more lazy and stupid people get.....well except for me.

for the love of yourself, people, open up your eyes, learn to do things yourself, and shut off the cell phone because the person you're speaking to on the phone is sitting right across from you...
to late, our society is hooked on technology, there is no going back now

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-27-2009 at 05:05 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
lololol!!...its all fixed,is that better for you? and my error was due to anger and frustration,
What's all fixed? You thought there was only one error?

That's funny.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Hmmm, the "edited at" time on the first post keeps changing every time I make a post, so I see you are trying. Could I get you to review it one more time?

Thanks. I hate errors, particularly lazy ones.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:20 PM

101 posts, read 299,628 times
ahh flatman12 you are in danger of becoming obsolete. Perhaps that's the source of your frustration and anger. I'm a middle aged gal and from my perspective - technology is great! I'm in touch with people i haven't touched base with in years! Even they are catching on. Why would I bother everybody around me to announce I've landed or arrived when a simple text will do? Communication and , Yes, reading is getting better every day. There is so much information that if you do not embrace technology you become out of touch. JMO

Old 01-27-2009, 03:21 PM

101 posts, read 299,628 times
and frightened. and bitter. and angry

Old 01-27-2009, 03:24 PM

473 posts, read 1,666,076 times
Quote:
.....how Mod cut:language difficult is it to dip a tea bag into a cup of hot water???? ...
LOL! This is a pretty good rant. I think the general mental lazyness you described has been around prior to this technology "age" we're in. For example, hat stores have always listed fractional sizes in ascending order ( 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8). In some stores, percent-off values are enumerated for all prices. (20% off --- $10 - 8.00, 12 - 9.60 etc) so in general, I don't think this is new.

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-27-2009 at 05:05 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,086,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccos View Post
ahh flatman12 you are in danger of becoming obsolete. Perhaps that's the source of your frustration and anger. I'm a middle aged gal and from my perspective - technology is great! I'm in touch with people i haven't touched base with in years! Even they are catching on. Why would I bother everybody around me to announce I've landed or arrived when a simple text will do? Communication and , Yes, reading is getting better every day. There is so much information that if you do not embrace technology you become out of touch. JMO

very true, and if you are in the work force at all being "out of touch" is very very bad

I also am connected with people i never would be if it werent for things like facebook, businesses even have a facebook now, crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones