Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Cell Service Is The Best Value?
ATT 13 22.41%
Tmobile 12 20.69%
Verizon 20 34.48%
Metro PCS 0 0%
Cricket 1 1.72%
Sprint 9 15.52%
Nextel 0 0%
US Cellular 0 0%
Virgin Mobile 0 0%
Other 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:57 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,673,512 times

Advertisements

Consider the COST, SERVICE and COVERAGE which comapny provides the best value for the money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,343,829 times
I think it depends on what area you are in.

First off, all of them basically have the same major plans.
39.99 for 450 minutes
59.99 for 900 minutes
79.99 for 1200 minutes
and so on and so on. Give a take a few dollars.

IN the DC area, Verizon is without a doubt the best service with T-Mobile probably being the worse. Sprint has the worse customer service out of the four major cell phone companies no matter what part of Earth you are on. Verizon has the best range and it isn't close. AT&T is the best dropped call phone service in the world. But again, this is DC.

I will say Verizon offers the best value for your money. Hopefully the Iphone heads to Verizon.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,673,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think it depends on what area you are in.

First off, all of them basically have the same major plans.
39.99 for 450 minutes
59.99 for 900 minutes
79.99 for 1200 minutes
and so on and so on. Give a take a few dollars.

IN the DC area, Verizon is without a doubt the best service with T-Mobile probably being the worse. Sprint has the worse customer service out of the four major cell phone companies no matter what part of Earth you are on. Verizon has the best range and it isn't close. AT&T is the best dropped call phone service in the world. But again, this is DC.

I will say Verizon offers the best value for your money. Hopefully the Iphone heads to Verizon.
TMobile is pretty good here in Atlanta. I have not really had problems with them at all. Few drops and few dead areas. They are a bit steep in price. I pay $150 for 4 phones on Fave Five Family.
I don't know if they have Metro or Cricket in DC but they are unlimited use for about $40 for one phone or $80 for 4 phones. I would go that way but they do not have as good of coverage or national roaming.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,856,325 times
I have Sprint for a little over a year coming from 9 yrs with Verizon....

- Coverage for where I live/work/play mainly the E Coast (NY, Philly, DC, Pitt, and Miami) Sprint gets me service everywhere my Verizon phone used to work. So I can't tell of any difference. I'm sure out in No man's land VZW probably does have the better coverage, but its not some place I'll ever find myself, and Sprint will roam on to Verizon so I'm covered.

- Cost - Sprint's Simply Everything, Blows everything else away, this was the priamry reason for chasing me from Verizon, saving close to 65$ a month with the switch.

- Phones - Sprint phone selection is quite as good and diverse as Verizon's, but I'm a blackberry addict, so that'll all I really care about, and Sprint getting a Bold in the very near future so I'm happy.

- Customer Service - I've only had to call Sprint's customer service 3 times since i've had service with them, and all 3 times were a pleasure for me...Call it dumb luck i guess, but as long as it continues I'm happy.

- 3G - One thing I will give Sprint, is its 3G speeds and Internet are AMAZINGLY FAST!....My 8703 on Verizon was never this fast, even though it claimed to have the same 3G.

So for Now - Based on Price, Coverage and Service - My Vote has to go to Sprint, they cover all 3 topics Great in my book.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM

905 posts, read 2,392,396 times
I have T-Mobile and have really no problems. A few dead areas in the backwoods areas here but I guess that's to be expected. Not too expensive for me and the customer service is great.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM

1,383 posts, read 3,420,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Consider the COST, SERVICE and COVERAGE which comapny provides the best value for the money?
AT&T and Verizon are by far, the best cell phone carriers here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area! Awesome coverage everywhere and low prices.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:54 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,610,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Without a doubt the small local cell company that serves an 8 county
area in Central Illinios is THE best cell company I've ever used and
I tried the "Big Boys" all.

Being small they cover 100% of the area where I spend 99% of my
time with zero cost roaming & a roll over plan that kicks the Big Boys to the curb.

For our use it don't get no better than this when it comes to cell phones!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,343,829 times
Quote:
- Phones - Sprint phone selection is quite as good and diverse as Verizon's, but I'm a blackberry addict, so that'll all I really care about, and Sprint getting a Bold in the very near future so I'm happy.
You're the very first person to ever say that. Most agree that Sprint's phone selection is horrible. At&T has the best selection with Verizon a very close 2nd.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:15 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,743,008 times
AT&T. I love their rollover program. They have great coverage.
A lot of people in the area have AT&T so I can talk to them using mobile-to-mobile.
Verizon isn't all that popular. A lot of people have Alltel which is now Verizon but before the Alltel-Verizon merger,a lot of people didn't choose Verizon.

I love Verizon's phone but they have all the expense of AT&T without rollover. The rollover program is what keeps me with AT&T. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be with Cricket or T-mobile if their coverage was better here.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:42 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,344,779 times
Sprint is the best value in my opinion, especially if you have an employee-referral plan. T-Mobile is also a good value but I've heard of coverage issues with them. AT&T is costly but everyone who has it seems to be happy with it.

In the prepaid arena, I think Virgin and T-Mobile are the best value.

I don't like Verizon because they disable a lot of features on their phones and then make you pay extra if you want to enable them. They are definitely my least favorite cellphone company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones