Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM

109 posts, read 249,368 times

Advertisements

Ok, I need the skinny on the Blackberry Curve. Do you, or do you not have to have the data plan to be able to use it.

I am not talking about email, internet, etc. I just want to know if the phone will make calls, send text messages without a data plan.

I know there are people out there will argue that without the data plan, you won't experience the full effect of one.

I like the Blackberry for the other features on it. I can check email on a faster home computer.

I have Sprint and they told me that a Blackberry Curve wont work without it. Is this true or false? I have heard both. Can anyone tell me the facts on this.
Also, what are your sources?

Thanks Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
I think Sprint will not allow you to have a PDA phone without the data plan. I suppose in theory, an unlocked one could just do the phone, tho the Curve itself might go onto the data on its own (mine does all the time) and you would then incur data charges from the plan you are on. That woulds get expensive.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 PM

159 posts, read 355,745 times
I think all of the carriers now require a full data plan for their BlackBerry devices. I know T-Mobile, at&t and Verizon do and I am pretty sure that Sprint does too.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Sure is a lot of advertising from imasad going on. Do you have any other interests in any post other than the blackberry?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:39 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFan View Post
I think all of the carriers now require a full data plan for their BlackBerry devices. I know T-Mobile, at&t and Verizon do and I am pretty sure that Sprint does too.
Yep, i'm thinking about buying one and cheapest plan you can get for one is $69.99 which includes data and 450 anytime minutes.

If you just want to talk then the blackberry aint for you.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
To be Honest a Blackberry really isnt worth it unless you get Data.....Everything on a Blackberry mostly depends on a Data connection....

Just get it with one of the Simply Everything plans, the best deal in town, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones