U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 8,442 times

Advertisements

ok... i live in Ontario,Canada, and don't often call the states, but used to live in the states so i know they have a lot better cell plans than Canada does, I've tried some Canadian plans and was very dissapointed, I'm now looking for a US cell plan that will:

1. work in Canada,
2. have unlimited long distance,
3. save me some money, finally.

some facts:
-no landlines available
-little to no travel to anywhere outside of canada
-phone calls to everywhere in canada, not just ontario
-family plans are possible, but 2 seperate phones preffered, one for my father, who has many bussiness calls, and one for me, frequent texter and web user.
-prepaid phones greatly discouraged

i'm currently browsing phone plan websites, but im inexperienced and easily confused by the ads and easily schemed by their confusing plan comparisons, i'm also looking for possible internet plans for my father who is a truck driver and has a laptop, any help is greatly appreciated

i've heard of this onesuite you guys use, but my father is heavy stuck to the idea of the big name companies and only wants a US and Canada plan, so onesuite is a bit of overkill for us, please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 AM

86 posts, read 304,589 times
Not sure why your dad wants to stick with big name companies. Big names doesn't neccessarily means better service. Anyways we use Onesuite and we love it. Because you don't have a landline, you can use it VoIP service (you got to have an internet of course) for making calls.

Your dad can connect his laptop to a free wifi and can make calls with Onesuite voip. Anyways, you don't need to take my word for it, you can try and they do refund just in case it doesn't work for you.

BUT Onesuite isn't a mobile company. It's a long distance prepaid calling card service with VoIP features. If you want to save on long distance calls, Onesuite it is.

If you really need a mobile phone and big name company then you should check out T-mobile -> Unsupported Browser (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/Cell-Phone-Plans-Overview.aspx - broken link)

Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 PM

8,162 posts, read 13,402,812 times
Contact Verizon Wireless.They might have a couple plans but anywhere from country to country is considered INTERNATIONAL not regular long distance.You can also go to www.verizonwireless.com to check out plans.Worst case scenario is that it would be international roaming.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 8,165 times
Talking Princess you should check this out

1). Try to google " magic cell number "...read it carefully..

2). get a TELUS $7 prepaid '' one number unlimited "

3). you will smile, and what you should do next....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones