Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 03:56 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,982,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
The new version of Windows Mobile got a (to be charitable) lukewarm review in today's (10/6/09) NYTimes.
A nice reputable source to be sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
A nice reputable source to be sure
Thanks, Yes, I read it daily. Did you see thie piece in question?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,982,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Thanks, Yes, I read it daily. Did you see thie piece in question?
No, that was sarcasm, I do not use the NY Times for tech news or information, there are far better sources.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:57 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,660 times
Thanks, NH Dave. I gathered you were being sarcastic. I'm not sure why the tone of sarcasm, but it came through clearly.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:32 AM

1 posts, read 743 times
[font=monospace]Apple iPhone has been one of the best selling mobile phones worldwide, but have you ever thought about the reasons why people give preference to the iPhone? Most of you should know about the failure of the antenna of the iPhone 4, but people are still buying. I'm sure none of you have realized the reason behind it. There are many features that attract users, but here are the 3 reasons why people choose iPhone in lieu of any other phone -
3. Apple's products -
Apple Inc is a multinational corporation based in the United States. This company has a good will throughout the world. Apple always comes with a futuristic idea and implement it so well that people fall in love with her. So, being an Apple product, the iPhone becomes more preference compared to other phones. This could be one reason why the buyer leans towards Apple iPhone.
2. Applications -
iPhone works with the IOS, and there are thousands of applications available for this operating system. Symbian has a lot of applications also, but they are nowhere compared to iOS applications. Android is picking up the pace, but iOS applications still believe is the best.
1. Status symbol -
Apple is a global brand that is known around the world. iPhone is spreading like a virus around the world and has proven to be better than the rest. After being one of the phones sold, is now a status symbol for people, so that, above all, "status symbol" is another reason for the increase in sales of the iPhone.
Update - The user interface is another reason and I try to hide what part of the application. The user interface of an iPhone is very impressive and I love it.
Therefore, if you have not thought about this particular issue, you should give it a try. You can always use the comments section to share your thoughts with us.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times
I went from the Razor V9 to the iphone 4 on Verizon back in February & love it, have no issues, easy to use, fun & access to the web has come in so very handy.

I agree with some of the others, check out your friend's phones & see what has worked for them and/or not & see how that would apply to what you want your smart phone to do.

I did not think I would like the touch screen only on iphone, but it's a total pleasure not to have to push freaking buttons!!!!

do your research, take your time & make a good decision for yourself.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:00 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,247,739 times
it is getting to point where there is two choices. Google or iOS browser. MS is not a big player yet.
iPhone 4S ships unlocked. Pick yer poison. I live in the boonies in rural America I have a Sprint LG Touch Rumor and iPhone. The both roam; I have to. I pay twice as much to use the iPhone as I do the LG plus LG is a much better plan. I prefer the iPHone and here's why.

I can read or type horizontal or vertical. One swipe turns pages. The tap does other things. The photo quality is outstanding and 100% better. The Crop App works perfectly. My WiFi network was identified when I walked into the house! (Sprint 4G just works!).

One of the reasons I love the iPhone is the ease of finding phone numbers. One swipe and I am through the enire list A-Z. I don't have to type names. The other reason is the virtual keyboard. The keys are big enough to see and one tap changes from A-Z to the entire block of numbers and characters; you can even fine the English Pound. It is a ginormous pita to find the comma on the LG; its qwerty slide is a joke. You need to be a midget with tiny eyes to even find a key. The best thing about iPHone is I have a choice of three search engines and I can turn off Google Maps! Games work very well, too.

You want to use the carrier that works best in your area. I don't like AT&T in my area, but VZN and Sprint do well. I don't like VZN people service so I took an ET for iPhone. I sold it and I'm going to buy the 4S.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,217,418 times
I just recently upgrade to an HTC Wildfire S touch screen Smartphone/Android with T-Mobile. I'm very pleased with it and its a great phone for those who can't afford the more expensive smartphones.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:06 PM

16,541 posts, read 19,668,514 times
This thread is from 2009 and was bumped by a spammer....

Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This thread is from 2009 and was bumped by a spammer....
So. . .are you saying there can be no more conversations on this topic? Are you the OP?

Linicx made some good observations as recently as Oct 21, and as soon as I have some time, I plan to make another comment myself.

If you don't like this thread, don't read it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones