U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Pacific Beach in San Diego, California
267 posts, read 869,698 times
Reputation: 123

Advertisements

Anyone know if there are any cell phones and / or plans that will allow you to change the phone number at will whenever you want (say like 2 or 3 times a week) without incurring a $ervice charge? AT&T charges $19 to change a landline number. Maybe that kinda new Walmart phone that supposedly just came out not too long ago? I currently don't have a cell phone, haven't had one in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,126 posts, read 8,472,382 times
Reputation: 2323
Most cell phone companies will charge you. They will suaully do it for free if you are receiving harassing calls. If you are trying to change it frequently you might want to check out prepaids. They might be more flexible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
2,585 posts, read 4,382,755 times
Reputation: 1507
Get an unlocked phone and a bunch of prepaid T-Mobile SIM cards off some dude in a parking lot that you find through Craigslist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,249 posts, read 11,883,864 times
Reputation: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotornot View Post
Anyone know if there are any cell phones and / or plans that will allow you to change the phone number at will whenever you want (say like 2 or 3 times a week) without incurring a $ervice charge? AT&T charges $19 to change a landline number. Maybe that kinda new Walmart phone that supposedly just came out not too long ago? I currently don't have a cell phone, haven't had one in a while.
No. The provider has to change your number. You can change devices of you are GSM without a charge. You can go on EBAY and buy SIM cards that already have a number for you too. But you cannot "change" it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,249 posts, read 11,883,864 times
Reputation: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Most cell phone companies will charge you. They will suaully do it for free if you are receiving harassing calls. If you are trying to change it frequently you might want to check out prepaids. They might be more flexible.
Pre paids will usually allow one in every 6 months last I checked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,126 posts, read 8,472,382 times
Reputation: 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Pre paids will usually allow one in every 6 months last I checked
You can do the same with post paid if you use the words "harassing calls".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top