U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,165,595 times

Advertisements

Service, pricing, plans, etc.

I'm asking for help from you guys because a lot of you out there know the facts and the difference.

'prreciate any responses to this...
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,234 times
i had a trackphone and verizon pay as go phone they are ok if all you need to is make or receive calls and txting. tracphone is cheaper the verizon.the phone i a got now phone is go phone from at&t lg neon.i have the web i nice cam and a viedo cam.its the best phone i ever had.at&t network is good no drope call with this phone.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 2,509,404 times
I have used gophone for years until just recently. I liked gophone when I had it, but I recently just got a regular att account.

I had the $1 a day (when used), .20 c per minute to non-att phones. I added the $5 200 text plan and the $20 100 mb data. The data goes pretty fast if you are on fb, twitter, email, etc.

I used a Samsung Blackjack II with my gophone account. I usually spent about $65-ish a month.
-------------------------

When I realized that I could get a no-contract att account if I had my own phone, I got rid of my gophone service and just got a regular att sim for my Blackjack. For unlimited data and 200 texts, it costs about $10 a month more.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:16 AM

291 posts, read 1,437,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
Service, pricing, plans, etc.
-TracFone gives you coverage all across the US. GoPhone gives you AT&T network only.

-TracFone gives you local numbers in all areas, GoPhone does not.

-GoPhone roams in Mexico, TracFone does not.

-TracFone has more price points than GoPhone.

-TracFone has Free calls to 60 countries, GoPhone does not.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:30 PM

1,466 posts, read 2,509,404 times
Another good point about GoPhone is that you can put the simcard in any att phone after 90 days (unless the day limit has changed). That means that you could have an iPhone that is prepaid, but the data won't be cheap.

FWIW, I have a friend who has a tracfone, and she likes it.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,165,595 times
Thanks for all the responses, very good information.
After looking deep into both, I've decided to use GoPhone.

- I can use my old, out of contract phone which works fine and I am used too. Got an unlock code, flash upgraded the firmware with my laptop, and we're off to the races.
With tracfone the usb port appears practically useless, and you're stuck with their phones. I can still pull pics, etc off my phone as before using my laptop, not using minutes by email.

Talk, text, internet work just fine. I'm a very light user so it appears my usage should be in the 25 to 30 bucks a month for the whole deal.

BTW, I also have a friend who was out of town and having severe phone issues. No time to find and then deal with a phone store so I told her " Heck, go find a Walmart and buy a Tracfone, it'll at least get you by for now". She did and still has it. It was a simple flip phone, no camera or anything, and she was pleased with it.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,608,005 times
I would also recommend you look at SmartTalk. It is $45 unlimited and runs on the Verizon network which is the best and most extensive network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones