Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:28 PM

9 posts, read 20,843 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Charleston, I don't know many people here and I'm looking for things to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,639,255 times
Tell us a little about yourself..........

Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 PM

10 posts, read 21,290 times
I just moved here also. I am having the same problem mainly because I do not know many people here. But, what I do to take up time is drive around and familiarize myself with important places. IE: Police stations, post office, grocery stores, malls (number one! jk). But really, drive around and check out the areas and stop and grab a cup of coffee or some lunch some place, you are bound to start up conversation with a local person and ask them what there is to do around here.

I have a question for you, have you found any work yet? Are you looking? I am beginning my search for a job and am wondering if you are having any luck and if so, where are you looking?

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM

Welcome to the lowcountry!

Like I asked before,Tell us a little about what you are looking for. Are you 25 or 65 years old?

There are a lot of people on this site that are willing to help you out, but we need a little input from you,,,,(Ya know)

Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 AM

Well, I am currently looking for employment. I am in my mid-twenties, I am really not much of a partier or anything like that. I am more intellectual than anything, meaning I like to know about the history and historic sites, which seems to be a lot around here. I am pretty laid back and I go with the flow usually.

You're a captain really? I think I read on another post that you do tours? If so, what kind of tours?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM

Sounds like you need to go on a walking tour, or a carrage ride in downtown Charleston.
Have you been to the Market yet?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:29 AM

I did go to the market the last time I was here. It is very nice! But I do think I need to go on one of those carriage rides. thanks for the info!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 AM

I live in the north charleston area, I'm 19 years old. LIke the other girl I'm not much of a partier, and i don't know many people here. I like to do alot of stuff, anything new. I have drivin around the area some, downtown, west ashley, mt pleasent, alot of the surrounding areas. any suggestions on what there is to do/see?

Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM

Okay so here's a little more of what I like to do, i like to run/work out, read, go to the beach, eat, i like to go shopping, i like site seeing and historic places.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 AM

As far as looking for a job I am acctually in the military, so no I'm not looking for a job and won't be, sorry I can't help in that area. As far as everything else goes I am looking for other girls to meet, and new stuff to do around Charleston for a young person....I like to do pretty much anything like I saod before, I also like doing stuff outdoors
My boyfriend is moving down here in a couple monthes, and were still deciding where to live, somewhere semi close to the charleston airport/air force base, is there any area around north charleston thats ideal over any others? He's also looking for a job in costumer service preferably, about 2 years experience, if you have any suggestions of where to start with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area