Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
Haha, I can certainly appreciate that. The converse to the above is that, assuming you and he went back and forth regarding where you should list the home at, how to stage it to sell, and how quickly you wanted to sell, it sounds like he "nailed it" with regards to helping you pick the best time and price point to list the home at. Granted, a few years ago, all of the above didn't matter since homes were selling in minutes/seconds, not weeks/months in that market.
Honestly, we didn't even do that!!! I told him my price I wanted, he agreed that was fair. And I have good taste and my house is always immaculate. Seriously, I think we spoke for 15 minutes, he said he had a couple who had just called him the day before looking for something like my house and he would call them and see if they were interested. He never even put it in the MLS!!!!!! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 01:45 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,331 times
Wow. Now that is impressive. Ok, ignore everything I just said.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
I told him to be careful cashing that check at the bank because he may get arrested for robbery. lol. I just laughed about the whole thing, I hope you don't think I was nasty to him because I wasn't. It just still annoys me.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM

397 posts, read 1,071,565 times
Default SO nice to be appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ17015 View Post
We've bought and sold many houses - and RE agents work long hours. I'm not looking for a fight - you're very fortunate that your sale turned out that way. We've had similar experiences - so I get it.

BUT there are agents out there that show couples houses, on top of houses, on top of houses - and they NEVER buy anything. They'll have sellers and buyers getting into pissing matches over curtains, or refrigerators.... TRUST me their job is NOT easy, they have to put up with all sorts of people - most working on emotion, seldom on a business level. Not to mention the risk they take sitting in an open house on a weekend.

Think about it - it looks like easy money, but trust me it's NOT! If they get lucky and have an easy sale like you and I - LUCKY them. But 99% of the time that's NOT the case.

I do not feel he did nothing - and I want him to get his cut - I'd just like to see HIM get more of the cut than the broker. This couple after 2 weeks dragged him home from his weekend with his family to write this offer, I felt terrible - they're on call 24/7.
I really appreciate someone like yourself that understands all that goes on in our business! Thank you! and best of luck with your sale!!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
I've had agents that have done nothing and got 7 Per cent and others that have worked their butts off and only took half a percent. Like life -- sometimes it's a great deal, other times not so much. It's truly a bit of a gamble. Your agent may have to earn every cent you pay them or they may not.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
If you are capable of doing the homework; pricing your home right; updating; staging it; taking pictures for the internet and arranging a virtual tour, writing ads for the local newspaper and putting brochures together; etc and getting it in showing conditon yourself along with....negotiating, arranging inspections etc next time, why not get a discount MLS package where the listing broker gets just a few hundred dollars and merely lists your listing on MLS and Realtor.com etc and you do all the work the listing agent would do but you'd pay the buyer's broker and agent a total of 2 or 3 % total? That is what I did when I went to sell my house after watching how little a listing agent had done that I had to pay too big of a commission to (I thought) for the amount of work/knowledge he did/had selling another property I had. I used an attorney to check over the paperwork and It worked out great! For showings I let the buyer and their agent walk through on their own and left them lots of info on the house (more than most agents provide).

I figured when I had the listing agent I ended up doing everything I hired him for when push came to shove --including the negotiation of the selling price---why bother with another listing agent if I was just going to end up doing all the work myself anyway?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,667 times
Default Need help

I am in the process of buying a house in Coral Springs Fl, The house is for a good price, is a sort sale, but the house do not have the air condition outside compressor, not stove, not washer and dryer, also the pool is so dirty that we have not been able to know if it is working or not. The house has been in the market for more that a year. One of the mistakes is that mine Realtor is the same as the seller, I have to pay for all the closing cost. Now the appraisal has been done, put the Realtor or the lender have not let me know how it was. I sing an As is agreement at the beginning I a first time home buyer. I thing the bank is not going to gave the loan if the house is in this conditions. I have ask the Realtor if at least the seller can clean the pool and they do not want to do nothing, The Realtor said because the seller need to pay to the bank 30K. What can I do?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 AM

780 posts, read 1,542,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhouse1935 View Post
I am in the process of buying a house in Coral Springs Fl, The house is for a good price, is a sort sale, but the house do not have the air condition outside compressor, not stove, not washer and dryer, also the pool is so dirty that we have not been able to know if it is working or not. The house has been in the market for more that a year. One of the mistakes is that mine Realtor is the same as the seller, I have to pay for all the closing cost. Now the appraisal has been done, put the Realtor or the lender have not let me know how it was. I sing an As is agreement at the beginning I a first time home buyer. I thing the bank is not going to gave the loan if the house is in this conditions. I have ask the Realtor if at least the seller can clean the pool and they do not want to do nothing, The Realtor said because the seller need to pay to the bank 30K. What can I do?
Walk away!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:00 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhouse1935 View Post
Don't walk, RUN!!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM

3 posts, read 3,667 times
Default 5K deposit

I already made a 5K deposit the day I sing the "As is". How I do not to lose that money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area