Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 6,345 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Charleston from MI in a few weeks to work at the aquarium. I am looking for an apt. that I can get into for under $600. I like small towns, but I also like fun restraurants and things to do. I am super laid back and I will eventually have a dog. I am just looking for an relatively inexpensive apt. where I can walk my dog after work and not have to worry.

After a web search, I have found some apts in Hanahan (Park Place), in Summerville (Church Hill Commons), Charleston (Charleston Arms), and West Ashley (Colonial Village at Westchase). Does anybody know these?

Also, any other suggestions/advice would be great! Since I will be working at the aquarium, I have to worry about the commute too.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 06:31 AM

2,501 posts, read 7,761,744 times
Westchase Apartments on Ashley River Rd. are nice and have all the amenities. I don't know if this is the Colonial village at Westchase you mentioned, but it is ony 15 minutes from the Aquarium.

If Colonial Arms is the one I'm thinking of, it is not in a great area and doesn't have amenities (pool, workout room, tennis courts, laundry rooms, walking trails, etc.)
Waters Edge apts. in Summerville are really nice too, but further away from the Aquarium.
I can't speak for the other apts. you mentioned.

Good luck with your move and new job! The Aquarium will be a fun place to work!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 PM

8 posts, read 27,604 times
Palms Apartments are nice and adjacent to a huge park area that your dog would love. It is in the West Ashley area which is central to all areas of Charleston. Good Luck!

Old 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,290 times
Default colonial village @ westchase

i live here and i love it. i've been here for 2 years, and there's plenty of ground to walk your dog (they even have little 'pet drops' with baggies and stuff for when your little friend makes a deposit), there's a pool and a workout center and i absolutely adore it.

one note about the palms, i looked at that place before i moved in here. there's a reason the rent is cheaper. the road to get to the apartments is nice, and it would SEEM that the apartments were nice, but the actualy complex is a little... seedy. i'm from philadelphia and i've lived in some bad neighborhoods, and i didn't want to move in there.

good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area