U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-22-2007, 08:35 PM

15 posts, read 704 times
Default mixed race families

will mixed race families be accepted in either mount pleasant or summerville? will kids have any problems from other parents maybe discouraging contact? i would be some what suprised but if so i would be greatful for knowing before i get there. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 PM

8 posts, read 17,987 times
Red face Welcome!

I have been a resident of Charleston (West Ashley area ) all my life. I was married for 25 years to a black man (executive chef) and we lived in a golf course community. We have three children , now 17, 20 and 24 years old. We never experienced any racial hassels and neither have our children.. We made sure that they were always in good schools..Either private schools or magnet schools (of which there are many in the Charleston School disctrict). Charleston is a very friendly and basically accepting area, perhaps due to the former Naval base and abundance of military families in the area. God Bless you and your family on your move to the most beautiful area of the world!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM

142 posts, read 675,793 times
Based on your responses it sounds like Charleston is most definitely civilized enough not to blink in regards to interracial relationships...In all honesty though, these days I don't think anyone in America (except for maybe a few extremists) thinks there is anything wrong with interracial relationships. It is viewed at as normal pretty much everywhere.

If you really want to know how accepting a city is; ask this question:

How would a GAY interracial couple be treated? Would they encounter discrimination and/or dirty looks? Or, would they be treated just like everyone else?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:18 AM

14 posts, read 34,887 times
there is absolutely no problem with interracial relationships
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area