U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,778 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate to Charleston area. I am your typical red neck white Baptist Republican with lifted truck, dogs, etc. BUT....I am a very nice and polite neighbor. None of my stuff is loud or obnoxious. Peace and quiet is what you will normally get from me.

I like to walk in my yard and go visit my neighbors. I loan out my stuff and don't mind if you need to borrow an egg or a cup of sugar at 6:00 in the mornin'.

I am looking for a house with 1/4+ acre of property so my dogs can excercise in the yard. I want to be able to walk down the street in the evenings with my wife and one of her little dogs and wave or talk with the neighbors.

Looking at Goose Creek, Summerville, and Monck's Corner or anything in between. Kinda North and/or West of the airport. Any neighborhoods a red neck white Baptist Republican should avoid? (I am not prejudice, but I know better than to move into an area where I may not be accepted.) I'd rather be in an area/neighborhood where sports are soccer, football, baseball etc. vs drinking, drugs, and drive-bys.

Every area has its ethnic/religious/polical boundaries and I do respect the rights of others. I don't want to end up where I don't belong. So If there are areas at Goose Creek, Summerville, and Monck's Corner or anything in between that is not accepting of a red neck white Baptist Republican, please let me know.

Shaggy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,068,979 times
The three areas you mentioned all fit the bill. A big determining factor will be your price range...

Old 08-06-2010, 07:05 AM

661 posts, read 1,202,996 times
You'll probably want to be in an area without a HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area