Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 AM

27 posts, read 68,305 times

Advertisements

I have been researching Charleston for a year now and am excited to try all the local flavors! We will be there in three days!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 PM

339 posts, read 1,166,837 times
I flew in to Charleston this afternoon for my house hunting trip - We went to the Hominy Grill for Shrimp and Grits - WOW! if there is anyway shrimp and grits could get any better tell me. My lunch was Amazing!

The weather is beautiful and I am looking forward to a great week.

I look forward to meeting some of the relocated Boeing Families - It is fun to talk to folks that have been in Seattle, Cape Canaveral, Huntsville, Huston etc to compare notes - If Boeing doesn't put some thing together me might need to start some get togethers. Hmmm

Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM

27 posts, read 68,305 times
I think getting together is a great idea.
What area are you looking for a house?
I am definitly going to try shrimp and grits.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Our kids are grown, so this will be a first empty nest house. We are looking in North Charleston, Goose Creek West Ashley and Hanahan. We've found homes we like in all three - one more day of looking and then we'll start to make a decision.

Where are you staying? We are at the Home Wood Suites on International where my husband has been for several months. It is close to the areas we are looking - and by know the DH knows all the good resturants in the area.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:05 AM

21 posts, read 33,070 times
Another Boeing relo. I'm on a plane tomorrow from Japan to look for a house in the Charleston area.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,799 times
We are transplants from WA as well but we transferred with my husbands job with ALCOA. We have lived in Charleston for almost three and a half years and honestly, I think that I have just become used to living here. It is a culture adjustment coming from WA. The weather is something to see. What weather we are having this week is glorious and it will be wonderful for the next six months or so and coming from the Eastern part of WA, we thought we had died and gone to heaven. HOWEVER, the humidity and the heat of the summer has killed us. LOL.

We chose to live in the Fort Dorchester High school district because when we got here we had a sophomore in high school and he wanted a smaller school. At that time, Cane Bay was not open and Summerville was jammed. It was a good fit for us and him.....he has since been accepted and is attending the United States Naval Academy so the academics there was great for him. Let me know if you need more information on the school districts. Our company did lots of research in our relocation package on schools for me so I could make a decision.

Welcome to Charleston....I am hoping you will love it like we will. We bought a great home and have been pleased with our neighborhood. We miss the PNW of course, but this is home for now!

Old 10-09-2010, 04:03 PM

Tips for Seattle Transplants: They don't wear Birkenstocks with socks in Charleston, there closest thing to Balard is the IKea Charlotte, and the rises over the ocean. Oh and Think twice before you go camping in the summer, it isn't the same.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:05 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,649,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavin_florida View Post
If Boeing doesn't put some thing together me might need to start some get togethers. Hmmm
I agree!

Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Welcome!! I just know you will LOVE Charleston!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 PM

115 posts, read 222,063 times
All of you Boeing transplants...welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area