U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 PM

9,038 posts, read 14,283,762 times

Advertisements

In interviewing situations, the person asking the questions, (which can be you) is the one in control. I'd ask, when they ask you if you have any questions (if it hasn't already been made clear to you) what the background of their ideal candidate is, ask them. If they start listing certain things you can relate to or have experience in, then that is your opportunity to mention and elaborate on that. Or ask them, if you think a particular strength of yours has not been brought out and you know it would make you a good candidate, ask if that talent would help. When they say yes, point out several instances in other jobs where you did that and it saved the company $$$ or saved the day or what have you. Employers are most impressed by actual experience showing your proven ability. They are looking for examples of how many sales; how many widgets in how many hours were made or... how big a disaster was avoided (that saved the company $$) by what YOU did. Pointing out examples of efficient and smart productivity is KEY. Don't bore them with the schools you went to and programs you completed unless it was recent and you don't have any work experience to talk about. Employers value experience more than anything.

Last but certainly not least, don't forget to hand write a thank-you note to the interviewer. Make sure it is spelled right and has correct grammar. People that can write well are few and far between these days-- including most of those who are supposedly well educated.That will set you apart from the others interviewed that don't bother to do that. It will also give you another chance to reiterate a strength or let you comment on something you may not have during the interview.

For example don't say "your" when you mean you're (or you are).Don't say if your looking for a mechanic with proven abilities.... Instead say: If you're looking for a mechanic with demonstrated abilities. Use "your" to mean possession such as it is "your sweater not mine".

Don't say I graduated high school when the correct way to say it is you "graduated from high school". (Certainly high school did not graduate, YOU did, right? So it was you that graduated FROM high school.) Also use "to" as a preposition and "too" for emphasis such as "too hot" or "too much" or to mean "also" or where also could be used as a replacement ie "me too" (me also). So many people get this wrong and it is so easy to get right if you just memorize the simple rules.

Last edited by emilybh; 09-21-2010 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:48 PM

7,934 posts, read 15,060,042 times
What jobs are yall interviewing for?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 PM

3,383 posts, read 7,104,906 times
I applied and was offered a job, been filling out paperwork and such.. Flight Readiness Tech B. Anyone else heard they hired ~45 of these and just trying to set us all for training.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM

21 posts, read 132,018 times
Well the interview went great and was told it could take 2 to 3 weeks before i get an answer, I hope this is a good sign, and good luck to every one else. Thank you to everbody all the help everyone gave me.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,626 times
Default interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I applied and was offered a job, been filling out paperwork and such.. . Anyone else heard they hired ~45 of these and just trying to set us all for training.

I have a interview for the Flight Readiness Tech B position next week. What kind of interview questions do they ask? Are you working on an active aircraft during the flight test stage like an A&P mechanic or, is this a production line type of job? Thanks

Old 11-14-2010, 04:26 PM

60 posts, read 146,427 times
My boyfriend got hired as a Manufacturing Engineer 1/2. He had a structured interview that lasted about half an hour over the phone, then a few days later had an online form to fill out for job/school history. A few days later he got the job offer. It took a day to get the papers to go do a drug test and a week later the background check and drug test were marked as "cleared". It's all been relocation stuff since then.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 8,331 times
Default Boeing Phone Interview Question

What were some of the phone interview questions? Could you please help

Old 12-15-2011, 12:24 PM

44 posts, read 96,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshynn View Post
What were some of the phone interview questions? Could you please help
Read the Boeing interview thread. About 40 pages worth of reading.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,331 times
Default sunshynn Boeing Phone Interview Question What were some of the phone interview questions? Could you please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt View Post
Read the Boeing interview thread. About 40 pages worth of reading.
Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area