U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,090,832 times

Advertisements

There is conflict on both sides.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 11:26 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,017,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
There is conflict on both sides.....
Perhaps.

But we are only talking one side in the taxation issue of which we speak.

And the preponderance of opinion- as evidenced by the commission that BushII put together- is that a 'Fair' (which is not fair) Tax, which is truly a consumption tax, is a regressive taxing structure which will let the Rich off the hook (see Presidential Commission's graph for specifics) while sticking it to the Middle Class and Working Poor.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:31 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,090,832 times
The BushII commission report was not without bias, BushII was not conservative he was a big government RINO.....

So there is two sides to this conflict, the conservative and the status quo.......

Old 09-24-2010, 11:44 AM

77 posts, read 146,946 times
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke
==================================================
I do believe that I have found the solution to the national health care plan....We need to come up with an application to become an illegal.....by doing so, we will have free health care. Therefore, no need for a national health plan.
have a great day everyone.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 PM

435 posts, read 733,130 times
"I do believe that I have found the solution to the national health care plan....We need to come up with an application to become an illegal.....by doing so, we will have free health care. Therefore, no need for a national health plan. have a great day everyone."

You don't have to be illegals to do that. If you show up at a government hospital without insurance, they cannot refuse treatment and everyone pays it. Although, how good the treatment will be is another matter.

The BushII commission report was not without bias, BushII was not conservative he was a big government RINO.....

Whatever, Bush screwed up big time that's why you call him RINO...conservative put him into office, maybe you should all shoot yourself for doing that with your big guns...Regan also spent tons of money and expanded the government, I bet you call him RINO, too.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 PM

77 posts, read 146,946 times
jimmy.....you really, really watch too much CNN! BTW....what college did you attend?

I really have to laugh at your posts. Not making fun of you, mind ya....It's just that most of us see where there is wrong and right on both sides of the fence. You only see one side.
To say that Bush and Reagan spent a ton of money and leave your guy B O out of the picture, kinda leaves me at a loss for words.
BTW......I recall you have been impeached.
As far as treatment at a hospital for illegals........It's the same dang treatment we get! It's just free! We pay for it.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcollectingdust View Post
jimmy.....you really, really watch too much CNN! BTW....what college did you attend?

I really have to laugh at your posts. Not making fun of you, mind ya....It's just that most of us see where there is wrong and right on both sides of the fence. You only see one side.
To say that Bush and Reagan spent a ton of money and leave your guy B O out of the picture, kinda leaves me at a loss for words.
BTW......I recall you have been impeached.
As far as treatment at a hospital for illegals........It's the same dang treatment we get! It's just free! We pay for it.
Don't worry, I am not offended, it is a online forum anyway. Btw, I don't watch CNN (only old people do; time has changed people). If I told you I actually listen to Rush and watch FOX would you believe me.

University I attended is recently ranked within top 30 of the world university. Also, if you are the top 30 of the entire university of over 30k students, does it really matter. Although, I am just book smart, not really people smart. I will let you guess.

Most of deficit Obama has for his current administration are mostly war cost associate with Bush's war. Do you want me to show you the budget impact? By the way, Regan is even worse, he started the entire federal budget crisis. Btw, 2009 fiscal year just finished and the report is out. Obama spent less than estimated budget by billions which either BushI/II and Regan can say they did.

By the way, the rescue and stimulus currently are positive on the book due to 400% increase of some bank stocks. GM IPO is also going to be profitable for the government, too. I see all sides and if you can prove it instead of just saying "you just don't understand...it is apple and orange," I will gladly accept your point. You are the one don't because regardless what happened, I can tell you that I will take advantage of it i.e. I will take my 15% flat capital gain, extra IRS refunds (IRS keep sending me additional refunds say I missed some deductible?!), and I shorted the bank at 2008! If Republican won in Nov., I will put my money on a stock market crash around Dec. and January, we can revisiting this in 3 months, and you are all going to blame Obama. However, I will say that you have no one to blame because you voted exactly the same group of people who put this nation at this crisis in the first place.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 PM

13,732 posts, read 9,843,323 times
If you want UNIVERSAL health care, you have to get government out of the way. And slap down the AMA. Both are responsible for the scarcity of practitioners "allowed" to treat us.

The Trouble With Licensure
Medical licensure is a grant of government privilege. Like all such interventions, it harms consumers and would-be competitors. It is a cartelizing device incompatible with the free market. It ought to be abolished.

The Flexner Report of 1910, which Murray N. Rothbard discusses elsewhere in this issue, further restricted entry into the profession, as legislatures closed non-AMA-approved medical schools. In 1906, there were 163 medical schools; in 1920, 85; in 1930, 76; and in 1944, 69. The relative number of physicians dropped 25%, but AMA membership zoomed almost 900%.
Skyrocketing health care costs are the consequence of letting government create a protected monopoly and then when things go wrong - let it meddle even more.

If you want costs to fall, you have to decriminalize health care, break the monopoly, expand opportunities for medical education... so that anyone can treat everyone... that's the only way you'll have UNIVERSAL health care.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:18 PM

If you want costs to fall, you have to decriminalize health care, break the monopoly, expand opportunities for medical education... so that anyone can treat everyone... that's the only way you'll have UNIVERSAL health care.

So you will let me operate on you even though I am not trained and licensed to do so...nuts. The problem is that not everyone can be a doctor! Btw, there are countries running very good health cares, you just won't listen or believe in it. Here is the link go read or watch up...even Hawaiian health insurance is loved by everyone in Hawaii and it is in the states.

FRONTLINE: sick around the world | PBS

Old 09-26-2010, 08:14 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,070,949 times
Hubby found out the other day our insurance premiums are going up 25% and our deductible is also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area