Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,037,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Are you and I living in the same country or economy???

There are plenty of hard working well educated people being financially destroyed at the moment because there is absolutely no work in their chosen feilds. Plenty of small business owners, financial analysts or bank empkoyees who simply worked for the wrong banks at the wrong times, a lot of state and municipal employees, people who worked at car dealerships from GMs and finance down to mechanics and receptionists. Plenty of lawyers who are members of the Bar and people who work for news companies of any type.

Aside from realtors- the construction industry has been beaten to a pulp. Talk to an engineer, architect, landscape architect or contractor. And talk to those lawyers/doctors/cpas about the number of people putting off appointments/services because they cannot pay. Or the number of peole who are drowning because they have 2 year old billings that have still not been fulfilled by their clients. I personally know people in each of the positions I have described.
Beautifully put. Everything I wanted to say but didn't know how.

And it is very hard on small business owners when the people they are supplying to go under and they don't get paid because the goods can't sell....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 05:05 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,296,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCh View Post
Are you are a Realtor or in the related field...if you are, we know what happened, you income is base on a lie. How do I know the incoming one is the same old R, because I read their new "Pledge to America." I know lot of doctors, they all find job just fine...lawyers not so much because there is over supply of them already and a lot of them can't even pass the bar (I won't even call them lawyers because they are not allow to practice). Wait, you are from NC, you must be one of the mortgage brokers who wrote all the junk mortgages. I am not blaming old administration (I told you I love the low tax rate, and I am doing fine even under this economy), I just warning you guys voting the old people who put you in this place first into power again.

That dumbarse pledge has nothing to do with the incoming Tea Party candidates, those haven't been elected yet, the pledge is the old elephants trying to convince the people who are pissed at them that they have changed, seriously doubt that one....

Old 09-26-2010, 06:18 PM

87 posts, read 183,001 times
You know the ole~ saying TomCat.....

If you can't change the people around you, change the people around you!

That's my plan.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM

435 posts, read 833,687 times
Tom, last time I checked, Tea Party candidates are running as Republicans. I will respect them more if they run as independents..wait winning is everything let's go with the old elephant party.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,040,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCh View Post
Well, looks like you conservatives and Republicans will have your chance again in November, let's see how this time will work out. Don't cry too hard when the reality hits.

You posted a bunch of BS about the illegals not taking jobs that are wanted by college kids or American workers and I gave you several examples of how they are taking these jobs plus jobs from business owners and this is the best you can come up with.

It's not about Republicans, Democrats or the Tea Party. It's about illegals taking jobs away from American workers and most peole in America are fed up with it and you will see a big change come November no matter who's in office.

busta

Old 09-26-2010, 07:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,040,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Are you and I living in the same country or economy???

There are plenty of hard working well educated people being financially destroyed at the moment because there is absolutely no work in their chosen feilds. Plenty of small business owners, financial analysts or bank empkoyees who simply worked for the wrong banks at the wrong times, a lot of state and municipal employees, people who worked at car dealerships from GMs and finance down to mechanics and receptionists. Plenty of lawyers who are members of the Bar and people who work for news companies of any type. Aside from realtors- the construction industry has been beaten to a pulp. Talk to an engineer, architect, landscape architect or contractor. And talk to those lawyers/doctors/cpas about the number of people putting off appointments/services because they cannot pay. Or the number of peole who are drowning because they have 2 year old billings that have still not been fulfilled by their clients. I personally know people in each of the positions I have described.

And the truth of the matter is that plenty of employers do not bother looking seriously at applicants outside their main employee sources becasue they feel as soon as things pick up the new employee will take their training and walk right back to their former careers.

Illegals rarely work in manufacturing because that places too big of a target on their and the employers backs. One of my best friends brothers runs a very successful landscaping business and he and his bookkkeeper have determined than a good 80% of his employees will flip every 6 months because they are presenting false papers and will be gone by the time it all goes through the system or raises red flags. Mulitply that times 1000 if you are a big $ or political target like most corporations are.

And for the record Nike manufacturers just about nothing in the US anymore. And all the innovations/technological gains that have been made by US researchers and companies have been shipped to Southeast Asia for manufacturing. A couple of years ago the standard was the US for innivation to Germany for engineering and Asia for production. One of my good friends made a lot of money directing that particular stream of processes- before the economy tanked.

Great post.

busta

Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 PM

435 posts, read 833,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
You posted a bunch of BS about the illegals not taking jobs that are wanted by college kids or American workers and I gave you several examples of how they are taking these jobs plus jobs from business owners and this is the best you can come up with.

It's not about Republicans, Democrats or the Tea Party. It's about illegals taking jobs away from American workers and most peole in America are fed up with it and you will see a big change come November no matter who's in office.

busta
How? If the same people or worse one gets in the office, enlighten me please. Believe what you want, clearly you never hired illegals and because of that you are not competitive according to you. For that I applaud you.

Last edited by JimmyCh; 09-26-2010 at 07:55 PM..

Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,748,028 times
Virtually everyone I know....Democrats, Liberals, Republicans, Conservatives, Tea Partiers, Independents, and Libertarians are opposed to illegal aliens taking our jobs, not paying taxes, not knowing the traffic laws (thus causing many accidents w/no insurance), enjoying the benefits that our tax dollars pay for, etc.
This has nothing to do with the party system or "whose side you are on"...it has everything to do with Americans banning together to want what is right for our country. People are fed up with the illegals here. Other countries (not all, for the record) don't allow it, why should we? Once they sneak into our country illegally, they are criminals breaking the law. We don't need any more criminals....we have enough American criminals to deal with already.

This is one issue all of my friends and family members do agree on, regardless of political affiliation.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:47 PM

5,254 posts, read 6,177,358 times
I think the reason immigration reform has been stalled out is that alot of business people do like the results (and they give $), much of the debate takes on racial overtones that people do not like and finally I think Rs like to keep alive for those in their base that oppose illegals and Ds want to take advantage of the inevitable R dunce who turns the whole thing racial. So basically politicians & the political industry almost need it to continue for one of the few sources of cheap votes.

And as far as conitnued efforts to converse on both the fact that people who want jobs are not finding them and that illegal immigration is a major issue I can't help but relate to this fellow.

YouTube - Barney Frank Confronts Woman At Townhall Comparing Obama To Hitler

Whether you like his politics or not- he certianly makes a valid point for the rest of us to heed at the end.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:37 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,983,528 times
http://brennan.3cdn.net/55c542f89311..._43m6i2q5b.pdf

"Voter intimidation presents an ongoing threat to the participation of minority individuals in the political process, and continues to pose a far greater danger to the integrity of that process than the type of voter fraud the RNC is prevented from addressing by the Decree."

First, a little review into the track record of just who 'Plays the race card'., as determined by several holdings from the court system.

I see we've moved on to illegal immigrants: very predictable.

In general, I agree with the opinion expressed by mrpeatie, above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area