U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 10,233 times

Advertisements

Hello... moving to Charleston with two, friendly mutts. Love to take them places. I know about the dog parks in the area but I'm looking for insider tips on where we could walk especially off leash. Of course I know it won't be legally off leash, just wondering about a half hour or so walk without running into too many people. We will be living in James Island or West Ashley but we could drive in any direction if it's less than an hour.

They love going in rivers and lakes more than oceans. Can anyone suggest alligator free swimming holes for the pups?

Any dog friendly restaurants tips would be so cool too.

Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 AM

2,501 posts, read 6,877,380 times
James Island County Park has a dog park where you can play with your dogs, let them swim in the water, and meet other people with dogs. I think it would be a great way to make new friends and let your dogs play and run off their leashes at the same time.
Years ago you could run your dogs on the beach in the evenings without their leashes, but it has really gotten strict now and you can't anymore (at least not legally).
I have 3 dogs, but live on an acre which I have completely fenced so my dogs have the luxury of running free anytime. I know it must be hard to have dogs in an apt. where you have to find places for them to run freely! Hm-m-m ...that might be a new business to go into - let people rent my yard by the half hour!?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,008 times
Red's Icehouse on Shem Creek and Lost Dog Cafe at Folly Beach are great places that allow dogs.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM

2,525 posts, read 7,177,962 times
Folly Beach before 10am and after 6pm. Same for Sullivan's Island beach. Both gator-free, but you risk getting dinged for having them off-leash, although just about everyone else does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area