U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 AM
 
4,465 posts, read 7,007,117 times
Reputation: 796

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
that wasn't a "single incident", you named several spanning many years...

I can't believe you actually believe what you are typing, I'm sure that's a major factor in todays problems if many more believe what you do... I'd find a new reading source if I were you...

I guess you didn't read the facts about other races and their slavery problems in the past as well... ALL races have been slaves at one time or another, many still are to this day...
Ah, but learn something:

What was the difference between slavery practiced in Africa, and the European version practiced here?

Short answer is here it was forever.

And your argument is not with me but with the record of the past:


http://www.lestweforgetmuseumofslavery.com/


"Lest We Forget"
Black Holocaust
Museum of Slavery"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2010, 09:11 AM
 
4,465 posts, read 7,007,117 times
Reputation: 796
Should South Carolina just take the Confederate Flag off state house grounds?


Here's the thread referenced:

Note that ALL the excuses (Civil War was 'not' about slavery (when it was), etc.) are disproven by competent sources.

And ya might look up the term: 'Todt Kamp'.

We called 'em 'Plantations' over here.

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-02-2010 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2010, 10:02 AM
 
4,465 posts, read 7,007,117 times
Reputation: 796
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/ny...gion.html?_r=1

Article about the mosque inside the Twin Towers, and the Muslims killed in 9/11.

Funny, mainstream media (corporate media) is not reporting this: why no Sawyer, Couric?

Well we go back to the Akre's case, plus the fact that our corporations are following the exact same course as did the German Corporations of the late 1920's-early 30's.

See they know:

1. Pople are scared, angry.

2. People are ignorant. Their lives have fallen apart, so they have zero time/inclination to research ideas/'facts'. And they'll listen to whomever speaks the loudest, and with the most anger.

3. Propaganda works, but for it to work, people need a villain; someone different, foreign.

4. If they do not use this tact, then the corporate elites will lose political clout; very few will vote to get the rich richer.

Hence the 'Mosque Controversy', and the other bigotry stirred by media lies.

It's why Krupp, Messerschmidt, et al, backed the Brown Shirts/Nazis.

It's why Corporate America elevated the Tea Party.

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-02-2010 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
1,195 posts, read 3,003,579 times
Reputation: 410
I guess you believe your own conspiracies, have at it...

ask a true African about African slavery, there was no "they might rape and/or torture and/or kill you" .. they did, and thousands of years later still do .. they've always enslaved more of their own people than anyone else, you should feel blessed for your peoples past here because it gave you the freedoms you now enjoy today

black holocaust?? you people that believe that have no respect....

stop killing yourselves and maybe someone will take you a little more serious, but to compare with the Jewish Holocaust?? no respect, and nothing you could have said more ignorant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 AM
 
4,465 posts, read 7,007,117 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
I guess you believe your own conspiracies, have at it...

black holocaust?? you people that believe that have no respect....

...
I guess you just don't care to understand.

And not conspiracies, but facts, which are documented, as the many sources I offer (between here and the other 'Reb Rag on State House' thread.).

But I trust you won't read/believe them either, even if they are from established sources.

Because, after all, those sources are (from your view) 'You people.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2010, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
1,195 posts, read 3,003,579 times
Reputation: 410
"you people" is the way they talk in NYC, it was dialect long before the other people tried to turn it into a conspiracy against black people... look that up... lol

it refers to a group of people, any group...

and no I don't believe in the revisionist due to many of their agendas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2010, 11:38 AM
 
435 posts, read 732,284 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
Um, I'm from here but I went to High School at Martin Van Buren in Queens NY... we have several family friends that died in those towers, I'm more aware of who all was in those towers than most from here...

I'm referring more to who is trying to build the mosque and where the money/support is coming from than the fact that it's a Muslim place of prayer... I'm not against Muslims, I'm against muslim radicals which also happen to be the people sponsoring that mosque in NYC

good try, but it isn't about bigotry to anyone that's done their homework on who's behind trying to get that thing built there...

and btw there's a fantastic restaurant you need to try on Old Trolley Rd in Summerville called the Mediterranean Oasis, we go there and support that business quite often... not that it matters but the owner just happens to be Muslim
Muslim radical are building the NY mosque? Are you serious? The money is mainly from a guy who owns like a large part of FOX news.

Extremist Makeover - Homeland Edition - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 8/19/2010 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Damn the liberal media...wait FOX news is media too...

Last edited by JimmyCh; 10-02-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2010, 12:02 PM
 
Location: moving to Asheville,NC or Knoxville Tenn
21 posts, read 29,795 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinerevelle View Post
I think the homeowner is just trying to incite violence in her neighborhood. Why in the world someone who holds up that flag as a symbol of all that is right in the world () would move into an almost entirely African-American neighborhood in the first place is beyond me. When I choose a neighborhood, I look for one where I can get along with my neighbors and have a peaceful coexistence.

I'm not sure why people continue to fly this flag -- while it might symbolize how the South used to be, do we really want to glorify a time and place when ALL women were oppressed and MANY, MANY people were ENSLAVED? There are lots of other ways to honor ancestors and what not, but flying that flag in that neighborhood is just a slap in the face to all of the people that live there.

Just my two cents.

Did you know that northerners flying the USA flag also had slaves, so i guess we should get rid of that flag to?
Come on it is a flag that was flown during the confederate war between the north and the south and many southern ancestors died for that flag so lets give a little respect and not let our minds be made by the racist people who use this flag as a symbol of hatred.
It is a historic flag from a time when the country was divided.Hook Line Sinker Done!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 12:55 PM
 
4,465 posts, read 7,007,117 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinness View Post
Did you know that northerners flying the USA flag also had slaves, so i guess we should get rid of that flag to?
Come on it is a flag that was flown during the confederate war between the north and the south and many southern ancestors died for that flag so lets give a little respect and not let our minds be made by the racist people who use this flag as a symbol of hatred.
It is a historic flag from a time when the country was divided.Hook Line Sinker Done!!!
Nazxis died fort their flag, also.

Northern States outlawed slavery; their soldiers dies trying to end that vile instituition.
Souther fought to preserve slavery. Their soldiers died to keep people as chattel.

It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 12:58 PM
 
4,465 posts, read 7,007,117 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
"you people" is the way they talk in NYC, it was dialect long before the other people tried to turn it into a conspiracy against black people... look that up... lol

it refers to a group of people, any group...

and no I don't believe in the revisionist due to many of their agendas...
What you mean is 'I don't like mainstream History, so I refuse to read it.'

Because that is what your argument is with:

History.

Plural for you can take many forms in Northern States- you'se, etc.

Nothing to do with the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top