U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-01-2010, 11:12 PM

217 posts, read 227,904 times
Default Banking in Mt Pleasant

I currently bank with two banks that are not located in Mt Pleasant and will therefore need to switch. I will be living near Belle Hall Elementary school, so I'm looking for a bank in relatively close proximity to my house. Anyone bank nearby and receive decent customer service and such?

Oh, and I might as well add that I refuse to bank with Chase ever again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-02-2010, 02:44 AM

494 posts, read 312,154 times
We've banked with First Federal of Charleston for 9 years and love them; great customer service, and lots of locations throughout MtP. The branch we use is in the Belle Hall Shopping Center.

Unread 10-02-2010, 04:52 AM

112 posts, read 97,450 times
Dear GeauxTigers2010:

Wachovia in the Belle Hall shopping center is okay. I got good service there. Also, there are plenty of branches all around the area.

Unread 10-02-2010, 06:09 AM

3,767 posts, read 2,915,163 times
Clark Howard says to stay local especially if you need any kind of special services (loans, etc.).

We are willl Wachovia/Wells Fargo. When we moved from Canada 13 years ago we went with Southtrust, that became Wachovia and now Wells Fargo. We've been very happy -- never any problems at all.

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:37 AM

234 posts, read 234,722 times
I do not think they have any Chase's here anyway. I just been using BOA because they seem to have several branches around here.

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:32 PM

I should also mention that I travel a lot - far more than the average person should, and a bigger bank that has a presence in more than one area/state would be much appreciated. Paying that $3.50 surcharge / not being able to make deposits can get a little pesky. I'm going to look into BOA. Any others?

Unread 10-03-2010, 07:17 PM

63 posts, read 139,506 times
BOA is a pain for travel since every location is on different computer servers and they don't easily accept and deposits from other areas. I just started with Wachovia in MP and hope that will work out.

Unread 10-03-2010, 09:42 PM

8,555 posts, read 7,657,263 times
What about BB&T? I think they even returned the bailout money they were given. You might want to check to make sure they have at least a three star rating for solvency. Lots of small banks are teetering on bankruptcy. To check a bank or credit union's rating you can go here Bankrate.com Safe & Sound (tm): Bankrate free rating system for banks, thrifts, credit unions

Unread 10-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Okay, people, do none of yall bank? What do you do, keep all your money under your mattress?

Come on, the fast food thread has gotten like 3x the amount of replies.

Unread 10-07-2010, 12:32 PM

1,888 posts, read 2,946,675 times
I use BB&T and Wachovia both pretty close to Long point. Wachovia is in Belle Hall shoppes and there is a BB & T at Brickyard. I do not like BOA. I also have accounts at SCFCU not very convenient though and like First Federal (on the connector).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area