Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 AM

120 posts, read 236,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomony View Post
Do they have a model of the Surrey Crest with the loft?
They have a model with the loft at Del Webb Carolina Lakes south of Charlotte. Its' about a 2-1/2 hour drive from Cane Bay. They also have one or two other lofts on display there -- Copper Ridge, I believe. I imagine they also have models at Bluffton as they have been selling lofts at other developments for a while.

We're moving from the Charlotte area. Have lived all around the southeast and midwest. Chose Charleston because we have relatives there and because we like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM

186 posts, read 578,317 times
Thanks Rather B. We also love Surrey Crest and think the loft will add exactly the extra room we need. We are planning a visit in October and will stop at Carolina Lakes to check ouit the models. Good Luck in your new home! We are planning to buy in DW Charleston in early 2012 so someday soon we'll be neighbors!

Old 08-28-2010, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 9,680 times
I am new to the forum. Have visited Del Webb Charleston this year once. Was very impressed but only one big concern. It was during the late morning, early afternoon and saw no one using the facilities. Where was everyone? Visited in May. Our reason for coming to a community like this was to develop friendships and have people our own age to do things with. But we have now visited 2 del webb communities and it was if they facilities were not in use hardly at all?

Old 08-28-2010, 04:29 PM

638 posts, read 1,594,729 times
My biggest concern was that there are no trees, no shade. I imagine everyone was stuck indoors to stay cool this summer.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 AM

174 posts, read 652,190 times
I know it looks as if no one is using the facilities, but there is so much going on between the functions, clubs. A lot goes on at night...all kind of card games...mah jongg, etc. Pickle ball is big here..play at night, along with tennis and Bocce ball. I have made so many friends since I moved here. In fact, when there were just our 40-50 houses at the beginning I knew everyone. Now, it's building up so much there are so many I don't know. You will never lack for friends.

As far as the trees..you are right. When they build this development, they leveled everything. the trees were not very nice any way. (It was a tree farm). We all have put a lot of landscaping in. I have 6 huge trees between the front and the back. Mine, however, are not shade trees but privacy trees on the sides of my house. In a few years, all the trees will be big and it will look different. It is warm in the summer, but we go to the Resort where it's AC and we still ride our bikes in the evening. All I have to think about is the snow up North.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM

Thanks Stella B. We got to stay at the development in Georgia and we were really able to get a good perspective. I wish you had some rentals there so that we could do that there and maybe we would have seen more people. Also, it sounds like more people get together during holiday events. Do you have folks there who rent their homes for a month or so at a time. Maybe this would be an option for us when I retire next year and give us better insight.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Thanks Stella - wish we had been able to stay at the development so that we could have been there later in the evening. It really gives you a better perspective. Do you know if some folks rent their homes for a month or so. This may be an option for us next year when I retire. We really did like what we saw in Charleston.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:06 PM

Sorry for 2 notes - thought the lst didn't go through.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella2 View Post
It's still early. That's why there's 162 games in the season.

OK Stella, had to bring this back up! Thinking you need more than 162 games ..... Enjoy the offseason

Old 10-23-2010, 09:09 AM

174 posts, read 652,190 times
Haven't been on the forum for a while. There is so much building going on here, they can't keep up with the demand. Don't know why the change, but it is gorgeous here. Very close friends (the ones we travel with. wejust came back from Tuscany) have sold their house in MA and coming here end of November. Can't take the cold anymore. Pam, Not sure when you are coming.
It seems it should be almost here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area