U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM

27 posts, read 115,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomony View Post
No, you're wrong. The "upscale" comment was originally made by scgal, not me. I quoted her in my post and told her to "keep it upscale" sarcastically. Criticize me all you want,but get your facts straight. This entire discussion began because of people not getting their facts straight.
Here you are again 'nomony'....not nice....what is that all about? You seem so unhappy all the time.
The more I think about the way some of you supposed "future DWC purchasers" respond so defensively....I'm beginning to wonder if you're legit.
I'm wondering if you are actually present DWC residents and are just frustrated because you're 'stuck'!!!
There is an old saying, "Don't believe anything you read; don't believe anything you hear; believe everything you see". Since you are so big on fact finding, google the words "Pulte-lawsuits", then 'see' for yourself what that brings forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM

Default Pulte Lawsuits

For those of you who check onto this blog with any regularity, isn't it interesting that the regular posters and defenders of Del Webb Charleston have had no retort or defense of the "Pulte Lawsuit" sites ?? They were regularly making accusations that my facts were inaccurate. This in itself was amazing since I lived in the community and some of the regular posters claim they are not residents but plan to be in the future. One would have to wonder why anyone would be so defensive of something that they have had no experience with. Maybe I have given them substantial reason to do more research. I for one would want to hear both sides of the story when considering a large investment such as a real estate purchase.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:16 AM

7 posts, read 12,261 times
Default I Live in the Community

I moved in on New Years Eve. I was renting in Goose Creek while they were building my home & I came by to check on the progress at least once a week. I questioned everything, checked the materials they used and everything was up to snuff, everything was as per advertised and promised, so I don't know what SCGal is referring to when she says they use sub-par materials.
Anytime I had a question or complaint it was addressed immediately. I can't say I had one bad experience.
I did google Pulte Lawsuits as she suggested and I'm not finding anything to do with Del Webb Charleston. Only 1 complaint was logged against them with BBB in this area in the past 36 months & it was resolved. I seriously doubt there's one builder out there who hasn't had lawsuits & complains filed against them. No one is that good! I did find lawsuits in Az and Sun City so I can only assume those lawsuits made them do a better job here.
As for all the covenants, they're spelled out before purchase, in detail. This community is not for everyone, that's a given, but you know what you're getting into long before you sign the sales contract and if you don't read the covenants, then its on you, not Del Webb.
All the folks we've met here have been fantastic! Sure, not everyone will love their neighbors. With this many personalities there are going to be folks who don't get along, but that's to be expected no matter where you chose to live.
I'm glad you found a neighborhood that's more to your liking SCGal since you weren't happy here, but what I don't understand is if you're so happy there why are you in this forum posting anti-Del Webb comments as often as you are? You should be enjoying your new "up-scale" home. Sounds more like you're holding a grudge & out for revenge. Such a waste of your time when time is so short at this point in your life.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieofSummerville View Post
I moved in on New Years Eve. I was renting in Goose Creek while they were building my home & I came by to check on the progress at least once a week. I questioned everything, checked the materials they used and everything was up to snuff, everything was as per advertised and promised, so I don't know what SCGal is referring to when she says they use sub-par materials.
Anytime I had a question or complaint it was addressed immediately. I can't say I had one bad experience.
I did google Pulte Lawsuits as she suggested and I'm not finding anything to do with Del Webb Charleston. Only 1 complaint was logged against them with BBB in this area in the past 36 months & it was resolved. I seriously doubt there's one builder out there who hasn't had lawsuits & complains filed against them. No one is that good! I did find lawsuits in Az and Sun City so I can only assume those lawsuits made them do a better job here.
As for all the covenants, they're spelled out before purchase, in detail. This community is not for everyone, that's a given, but you know what you're getting into long before you sign the sales contract and if you don't read the covenants, then its on you, not Del Webb.
All the folks we've met here have been fantastic! Sure, not everyone will love their neighbors. With this many personalities there are going to be folks who don't get along, but that's to be expected no matter where you chose to live.
I'm glad you found a neighborhood that's more to your liking SCGal since you weren't happy here, but what I don't understand is if you're so happy there why are you in this forum posting anti-Del Webb comments as often as you are? You should be enjoying your new "up-scale" home. Sounds more like you're holding a grudge & out for revenge. Such a waste of your time when time is so short at this point in your life.
I am happy for you that you are happy with your decision to move in DWC. As I recall, we were not permitted on the building site weekly. There were only certain times that you could check on your home construction and needed to be accompanied by a Pulte construction manager. I'm sure this policy was due to safety and liability.I hope for your sake that your home was not one whose foundation was poured in the dark at night with spot lights. I also hope for your sake that your home was not also one of the homes that were wired at night in the dark with the assist of head lights from a pick up truck. These were observations that we made while living at DWC.Enjoy your new home.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:31 AM

506 posts, read 851,078 times
Default I have family members living in the community

I also googled Pulte Lawsuits and discovered that the first three results were at least four years old. The more recent ones dealt mainly with their lending practices and not the quality of their finished product (the homes).

Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 AM

7 posts, read 12,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgal View Post
I am happy for you that you are happy with your decision to move in DWC. As I recall, we were not permitted on the building site weekly. There were only certain times that you could check on your home construction and needed to be accompanied by a Pulte construction manager. I'm sure this policy was due to safety and liability.I hope for your sake that your home was not one whose foundation was poured in the dark at night with spot lights. I also hope for your sake that your home was not also one of the homes that were wired at night in the dark with the assist of head lights from a pick up truck. These were observations that we made while living at DWC.Enjoy your new home.
I don't know when you built, but now people are always showing up during construction when they're in the area. The only time we had to be accompanied was during the final walk thru so things could be explained to us *like how the light switches worked, the temp control, etc.)
We had questions regarding the slab since we always had a basement before, but their answers & our research made us comfortable. Besides, it had to pass the county inspector, *Berkeley County is known for its tough inspections on new homes & builders* and it did, as did the electrical work passed inspection and was all up to code. The times of installation aren't important, its the quality of the work, which was top notch.
We have neighbors who recently had their one year inspection done, by an outside engineer of their choosing. Their engineer couldn't find one thing wrong & told them he was impressed with their choice of top of the line products in construction.
They did change the design of the front of our home after we signed contracts. The newer version was put on our house, but I didn't like it and said so. Without any argument whatsoever they changed it to my liking.
As a sidenote, the homes come with a 10 yr warranty so should there ever be a problem with the foundation its on Pulte, not the homeowner. Also, the appliances, etc. all come with manufacturers warranties, so what's the problem again? Everything is covered. Our microwave oven did have a scratch on the door, I called our project manager about it after closing & he had GE here to replace the door within a week.
BTW, this is our 4th house so we kinda know a little something about how a house is built, building materials, electrical codes, etc. As their building all materials have manufacturers labels on them, from the windows to the sheet rock, the roofing, the siding. I never saw anything that would make a home builder nervous. Its all quality materials.
I would be interested in hearing what problems you had SCGal since you're so down on Pulte.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:47 PM

174 posts, read 590,050 times
Scgal...give it up. It's about time.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:43 PM

180 posts, read 348,731 times
Given that we will move to DWC, possibly DWTheHaven, I have searched the web for months trying to find negative info about Del Webb to no avail. The only one I saw was about Pulte, nothing to do with Del Webb. Plus, even that complaint was nebulous. While I appreciate your insight about DWC, you have little to contribute to the discussion. You make accusations but never substantiate them or reveal why you are complaining. Not very valuable info for potential buyers.

Amazingly, I thought there would be a lot of DWC posters on these forums. Actual residents that wanted to share the positive and negative. Apparently not.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,400,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCavalier View Post
Amazingly, I thought there would be a lot of DWC posters on these forums. Actual residents that wanted to share the positive and negative. Apparently not.
My guess would be that those happy folks are enjoying their lives and not sitting behind a computer bashing forums. Guess they have 'better' things to do at this point

Right there with ya Stella

Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 PM

120 posts, read 190,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
My guess would be that those happy folks are enjoying their lives and not sitting behind a computer bashing forums. Guess they have 'better' things to do at this point.
And maybe they feel that everything has already been said about the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area