U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:13 AM

174 posts, read 590,956 times

Advertisements

I am still here...started the forum. There were only 40 houses when we moved here..now about 800. It has changed a lot since 2007. Many more people and a lot of our friends are either no longer with us or have moved. We didn't think that would happen when we moved in. Aside from all that, we still love it here. Location is great and there is a lot to do. As far as the rules, it keeps the community looking nice. So glad we made the move. Should have done it sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 05:03 PM

5 posts, read 4,746 times
That's so nice to read. We are coming to Summerville next week to scout out houses. Relocating from PA. Exciting, scary, hopeful. I'm glad to see you have no regrets!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:59 PM

8,980 posts, read 7,749,631 times
Ed

While here I suggest you also spend time exploring James Island, John's Island, West Ashley, and Mount Pleasant. You can concentrate on Summerville/Del Webb but the others deserve a quick look. They can be done in a day (a busy day) but at least if and when you relocate you can say well I looked at them all before deciding. If nothing else, it can reinforce your decision.

You will love it in the Charleston area no matter where.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 3,128 times
How has Cane Bay been since all the rain and flooding?

Old 10-10-2015, 09:37 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,479,859 times
This more recent thread has some info.

Flooding

Old 06-01-2016, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 825 times
Hello,

I'm probably going to get the boot on this forum as SCGal has, but I truly hope not. For starters... I must say, I loved SCgals input good, bad, right or wrong. If life were a bowl of cherries, we'd all live like the stepford wives. That being said..we are all created differently and her input is just as important as all the other..including the admin. We are coming to Dell Webb to visit to see what the community is like and quite frankly, it looks to me like "y'all trying to hush the very important parts of what I need to know as a new home buyer looking to transplant to DWC. Please for goodness sake, think of who is reading your forums for the first time and how "loud" you sound trying to hush someone's opinion. And yes, it does read like the chamber of commerce is heading off the reviews. It's just an opinion. Why is she not entitled to it? We (my husband and I) very much want to know EVERYTHING... not just a few rose colored glasses opinions. I want to know it all. With that being said, SCgal, thank you for your input, it is extremely valuable to us as new home buyers to DWC and thank you to all who have added their opinions of the DWC you have all been part of our research. Please be kind and don't take it personally when someone has a "perceived" negative comment about the process. You are not the builders, your the owners. You don't have to sell me DWC, it sells itself. That being said, please...no backlash, just be kind to each other.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM

120 posts, read 191,613 times
People getting the boot? I was off the computer for a few days and must have missed some kind of kerfuffle. I guess it's been deleted by now.

My advice, Captkate, is during your visit to DWC don't just talk to the sales reps. Drive or walk around and stop some people at random (preferably someone who looks like they 're not too busy) and ask for their opinion on whatever your question is. Most will be glad to give you an honest answer. And if it comes down to actually looking at homes contact a realtor to look at resales as well as the new homes the salespeople will show you. You might find a bargain.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:20 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,701,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather B Cruisin View Post
People getting the boot? I was off the computer for a few days and must have missed some kind of kerfuffle. I guess it's been deleted by now.
Yeah, I'm lost on that one as well. scgal's last post was over 5 years ago.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 1,317 times
Are the Hoa covenants posted online somewhere? And what is the cost?
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area