U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,407,926 times

Advertisements

I was gonna say IOP is 35-40 minutes, not bad at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,370,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella2 View Post
The closest beach is Isle of palms about 40 minutes anytime (except during commuter traffic) We do have everything here..activities...clubs, tennis, pickleball, bocce..pools, etc. There are singles here and are very active. I'm sure there will be more as the years go on. There will be a lot for your Mom to do. Seeing is worth a thousand words.
Thanks for the info Stella2, I sent a link to the website for my Mom to look at

Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM

5 posts, read 13,718 times
I am thinking of buying a home in Del Webb Charleston with
the hopes of renting it for a few years before I retire.
Does anyone know if there would be much of a rental market
in this area for a 55+? I think the price to buy in the next
few months might make this a good decision. Any thoughts?
I am planning to visit in the week of Sept 19-27.
Thanks for your input...

Old 08-26-2009, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,752 times
Default rentals in Del Webb Communities

We will be visiting both Hilton Head and Charleston in Oct. to see what we think. This site has been very helpful and interesting! Thinking that if we like one, it would be smart to rent a place for a number of months to really check things out so we are sure before we make a permanent move. Wondering if anyone rents out their Del Webb home or villa. Couldn't seem to find any online. We would want a furnished place for probably at least 7-8 months, possibly even one year. If we then loved it, would sell our home in MA and buy one in SC. We really wouldn't want to rent outside the community since that wouldn't give us the experience of living in the community. Anyone have any info about rentals or where we could get information? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:53 PM

6,990 posts, read 6,985,767 times
Default Del Webb Charleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly2249 View Post
We will be visiting both Hilton Head and Charleston in Oct. to see what we think. This site has been very helpful and interesting! Thinking that if we like one, it would be smart to rent a place for a number of months to really check things out so we are sure before we make a permanent move. Wondering if anyone rents out their Del Webb home or villa. Couldn't seem to find any online. We would want a furnished place for probably at least 7-8 months, possibly even one year. If we then loved it, would sell our home in MA and buy one in SC. We really wouldn't want to rent outside the community since that wouldn't give us the experience of living in the community. Anyone have any info about rentals or where we could get information? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
We recently visited Del Webb Charleston, which is actually in Summerville. There are not that many homes built yet, but as I understand it, some people from up north are buying up the homes because they are such a good bargain right now. The buyers are either using the house for a second home or renting them out. So you may be in luck. We were not at all impressed with this community. It is fairly close to Charleston--about 25-35 min and the beach, but the community itself seems to be mostly vinyl homes. It's within the larger community of Cane Bay Plantation, but not much of that is completed either. We felt it would take some time before there would be enough people living there to have a chance to make friends. We didn't like the Moncks Corner area nearby at all. There were lots of trailers and junk along the highway. The nearest grocery to Del Webb was about 6 miles away in Summerville. There was no commercial near that we saw.

If you want to rent, the sales agent would probably help you find a unit. They were very nice.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 PM

174 posts, read 590,778 times
Default grocery stores

Pokrplr

Hi,

Just was checking about the grocery stores. No one here <at Del Webb, believes me when I say they will be built around next Fall. I spoke with the manager at Harris Teeter in Matthews who checked for me. Do you have any definite info?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Funny you mentioned this TODAY. In talking with Publix yesterday, I was informed that they have pushed back to 2011. Thats HORRIBLE news! The only way they will change that is "IF" the Harris Teeter begins construction as planned, and thats for a completion date of Oct 2010. Cross your fingers! I dont want to wait ANOTHER year...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:19 PM

25 posts, read 49,537 times
That is horrible news.
I just wish someone would open a gas station out in the area.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM

174 posts, read 590,778 times
I see if I can find out from the Harris Teeter manager I know in Matthews. Can't believe Publix in delaying it again. Little did we know when we moved here, it would take this long. I wondering what "Coming Soon" means here.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella2 View Post
I see if I can find out from the Harris Teeter manager I know in Matthews. Can't believe Publix in delaying it again. Little did we know when we moved here, it would take this long. I wondering what "Coming Soon" means here.
Yea Coming Soon in SC, means just that...Could be a week, could be 5 yrs. Kinda like "its just down yonder" ... I still haven't found "yonder"?

We will be here 2yrs next month, now have to wait maybe 2 more??? What a crock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area