U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 11,443 times

Advertisements

Stella2, Glad you agree with us, home is what you make of it, the idea that their is a perfect place is not real. We are looking for something close and Charleston/Summerville seem to be a great place. If you look at all the factors, climate, education, food, beach, activities, low taxes/housing, this area in South Carolina is right up there with any place in the country. We just want all the people from NY, NJ, Ohio and Michigan to come down!!! Keep the blogs coming on happenings near Del Webb, Regards, John/Ronni
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,409,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John/Ronni-Jericho View Post
We just want all the people from NY, NJ, Ohio and Michigan to come down!!!
FYI, they are already here! CaneBay is made up of just that! All transplants ... Add in NH, PHI and MA too!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM

186 posts, read 518,642 times
Massapequa Park, Long Island checking in. We plan to be in DW by mid 2012 and we can't wait!!

Hey Pkr,
Have to admit those Yankees were awesome,but whats with your G-men. They look almost as good as the J-E-T-S JETS,JETS,JETS!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomony View Post
Massapequa Park, Long Island checking in. We plan to be in DW by mid 2012 and we can't wait!!

Hey Pkr,
Have to admit those Yankees were awesome,but whats with your G-men. They look almost as good as the J-E-T-S JETS,JETS,JETS!!!!
EASY!!! Please don't compare us to the J-E-T-S JETS,JETS,JETS. The Giants are back! Took it to the CowGirls last night!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM

186 posts, read 518,642 times
Hey, leave my Jets alone! Funny thing is, nobody ever expects the Jets to do well so a 6-6 record is considered pretty good. Especially with a rookie(and exceptionally dumb) QB. NY sports circles are applauding the Jets. On the other hand, the Jints have set the standard too high and are getting killed by the NY press. Not particularly fair, but thats par for the course around here. They better stop the Eagles or it will be a massacre around here next Monday morning.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,099,099 times
Hey, leave my turkeys alone......

Old 01-24-2010, 09:43 PM

131 posts, read 304,743 times
Hello all, I wanted to bump this thread instead of making a new one.

I see that land is being cleared (well, rathers trees are being cut down)...I am getting cautiously excited...I spoke with someone at Publix a few days ago who assured me that Publix will definitely be coming since they already own the land, and that it would definitely be by the end of this year.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 AM

25 posts, read 49,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl1 View Post
Hello all, I wanted to bump this thread instead of making a new one.

I see that land is being cleared (well, rathers trees are being cut down)...I am getting cautiously excited...I spoke with someone at Publix a few days ago who assured me that Publix will definitely be coming since they already own the land, and that it would definitely be by the end of this year.

Are you talking about what appears to be happening to the backside of the lot from Hwy 176? We have been keeping an eye on this as well. There is also a Sanders Brothers sign there. Does anyone know if they won the bid to build?

We are also trying to figure out what has been going on up at Carnes with the Harris Teeter site. Does all of that work have to do with just the water line? Or is it more than that?

I know we have all become pros at watching the level of our milk and bread. (And the really important stuff...like pepsi.) But it will be so wonderful to have a grocery store so close.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 PM

131 posts, read 304,743 times
Yes I am !!

If you take a look at from the elementary school, you can see where a pathway has been cleared straight to the front of the community.

And yes, I have been wondering what is going on at the Harris Teeter site- I hope its not another apartment complex!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl1 View Post
Yes I am !!

If you take a look at from the elementary school, you can see where a pathway has been cleared straight to the front of the community.

And yes, I have been wondering what is going on at the Harris Teeter site- I hope its not another apartment complex!
I've asked around about that road cleared by the Elem school and no one seems to know what its for ... One guy who works on the property said "what road" ... Really?!?

I'm thinking since its a road, it will be more of those really affordable homes that they sold in a flash over in old rice. Guess we'll see...

CG - I "hope" you are correct about a publix!! How reliable is your connection? Do you know people, who know people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area