Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,809 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I've just joined this forum and am hoping tomake some connections with realtors and other knowledgeable folks in/around the Summerville,(Charleston) SC area. I have lived in SC ( a small town outside of Aiken) for the past 19 years and would like to consider moving to Summerville or the surrounding area. Schools do not matter to me, but flood zone worries do. I would like to find aprox. 20 or more acres for as cheap as possible that could either have one small house (in decent condition, if the price is right) or none at all on it, as I would be putting up two National Barn Builder houses on the property. It needs to be good suitable ground for this and with a private frontage of woods, fencing, etc. If anyone can give me any info. at all or knows of anything like this, I'd love to get the info. I have a large home on 6 acres/outbuildings/pond that I hope to get on the market very soon, and I would not be able to work a deal until I get a contract on my place here. The money from this sale is what I'll need to buy my move closer to my beloved town of Charleston and the ocean! Any insite from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much~ Eileen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 01:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,261,411 times
I know where there are three large tracts of land off of Jedburg Rd, just outside of Summerville but they are expensive, 20K~50K an acre, last time I looked. If you are looking to get something cheap you will have to look out towards Cross, St Stevens or one of the other towns out past the lakes...

Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM

2,527 posts, read 7,990,492 times
Ridgeville, Harleyville, Dorchester and St. George would work as well at/around $10k per acre.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:33 PM

528 posts, read 1,507,659 times
Here are some properties currently on the market right now...
20 Acre Plus Properties
Let us know if you have any more questions as the time gets closer.
Sincerely,
Foster Smith

Old 10-18-2010, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,809 times
Default Thanks so far!

I just want to thank the three who have responded so far to my inquiry about land for sale in or around Summerville/Charleston area. I will research the other areas mentioned and SCDweller, I would love to keep in touch as you get new listings. Also goes for any other realtors or anyone who might know of land coming up for sale in the next 6 months. 10k per acre is more than I hoped to go, as land here goes for 5-7k on the average so I am spoiled I guess; but then, I know that by getting closer to Charleston, land will be higher. I may have to sacrifice on how much land I will get to have, sadly.

SCDweller: I saw two on the link you sent that would be very appealing if I was in a position to act right now ~ I only hope other good ones come my way when I can get my place listed and could actually do something about it! Hopefully in the next few months, as I'd love to plan to move come this next Spring.

Anyone else with any helpful imput, it will continue to be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much~ Eileen

Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM

528 posts, read 1,507,659 times
You're welcome Eileen. Just sent you a private message.
Good luck!
Foster (SCDweller)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area