Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:04 PM

70 posts, read 141,460 times

Advertisements

Depends on just what part of Ladson you are talking about. I believe that Ladson is in both Dorchester and Charleston Counties and comes fairly close to Berkeley county. I like the Dorchester end of Ladson near the Oakbrook area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:05 PM

7 posts, read 6,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I live in McKewn and it's been great so far. Lots of police officers live here and the neighborhood is quiet and monitored by video surveillance. There aren't many extra "perks" to the HOA, but if you do your own thing anyway, you won't have a problem with that.

But things right off of Ladson Road and around 78? Yeah, I'd head OTC's advice on that one.

As a side note, Ladson is technically within the boundaries of Summerville or North Charleston depending on where it is. Ladson is just one of those "mailing address locations" and doesn't really have its own services. McKewn receives Dorchester County services, with North Charleston waste management, in the Dorchester II school district.

It is also the closet current subdivision to Boeing's most northern developments
from your prior posts I thought you lived in Mt.Pleasant? Did you move, what didnt you like also is Ladson better ?

Old 12-22-2013, 04:24 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezjoe View Post
from your prior posts I thought you lived in Mt.Pleasant? Did you move, what didnt you like also is Ladson better ?
Ha! Good observation!

We rented in MtP for 8 months. There really isn't anything bad to say about MtP. It's a great place to live and we were in a great spot. Our plan was to rent for 3-4 years until some loans/cars are paid off and look in MtP.

My friend's mother is a realtor in SC and she came down to see him in July and pushed him heavy into buying because of the pending interest rate spike and rising housing costs in the area. That had enough of an effect on me to start looking to buy. We started in MtP and quickly saw what you could get for our budget. If we were 3-4 years into the future, things might have been better, but you really see how far the money goes once you open the search up to Dorchester II. The Wescott Plantation area and everything around it are really nice and you get more bang for your buck. Remember, since we're on the coast, add higher home owners insurance, earthquake coverage, and flood (if you're in a flood zone). Things can add up fast when you really look at it.

For our current budget, MtP is a great place to rent. But the value wasn't there for us currently. Maybe in the future.

For now, McKewn is close to the Charleston county border, walking distance to a new elementary school and a natural gas community. It is the closest current subdivision to Boeing's north campus and very close to a huge development at Ingleside Plantation (new I-26 exit as well).

It's best not to consider Ladson in particular as a search location. Look for Dorchester II school district. That way you could end up in some nice neighborhoods in North Charleston, Summerville, or Ladson, all within the same 3 mile radius.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:21 PM

7 posts, read 6,510 times
Well I'm glad you have landed in a nice location. I forgot the name of a good pizzeria about 10 minutes from you. When I remember I will let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area