Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 08:48 AM

323 posts, read 1,159,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedme247 View Post
Well, it looks like I will be finding out more about Charleston first hand because my husband got the Assembler B job : ) Thanks for the help everyone, it was very helpful.
Congrats to you guys .Did they up the pay yet? Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 05:05 PM

19 posts, read 26,856 times
Default pay rate

Well i got a offer today, but disapointed about the pay rate..I will counter tomorrow. Has anyone countered and got what they have asked for?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
I haven't heard of any yet, good luck...

Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 AM

314 posts, read 439,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmonkey0915 View Post
Well i got a offer today, but disapointed about the pay rate..I will counter tomorrow. Has anyone countered and got what they have asked for?

Take this with a grain of salt.......I have not heard of any counter offers being accepted but I have heard of one case where the offer was rescinded after a counter offer. I would think that maybe the person that, that happened too most likely used "spicey" words in his disappointment.

Keep in mind too that 100's of people are applying for each position. I am not an inside source, I only hear things.

Good Luck~!

Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM

323 posts, read 1,159,775 times
What is the offered salary? Is it $18.50 per hr for Assembler B.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM

98 posts, read 253,633 times
I would like to know the pay rate as well for the Assembler B position.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM

21 posts, read 37,558 times
Well it's not actually an hourly wage position according to the offer package letter they had. It's $32,760 a year which breaks down to about $17.15/hr. This is for the Assembler B position, too. Since this is his first job in the field we were pretty okay with that to start out with. They told him salary is commesurate with experience. As long as I find a job (let's cross our fingers because I haven't had as much luck ) then we'll be fine. And with all the benefits and everything else they do just to help you relocate, it's worth starting at the bottom for him. I also heard that there are less aircraft-specifically knowledged people he'd be working with at the plant than in other positions, so I'm hoping this will sort of give him an edge in any possible promotions/raises when the time comes.

We are still waiting on the background check to come back which we aren't worried about since he works for a security company where he has to have that all clear anyway to be armed, etc. They told him he would start on a Friday (not sure why?) but we are thinking maybe last Friday in August, first in September possibly?

Right now we are just trying to find a nice 2-3bdr townhouse or apartment to rent. And then there's the fun part of trying to find me a job and our son some type of preschool or daycare (he's 3 1/2) Anyone have any ideas on either of these things? haha. This board has been an excellent resource for those of us coming from out of town too.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:28 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedme247 View Post
Well it's not actually an hourly wage position according to the offer package letter they had. It's $32,760 a year which breaks down to about $17.15/hr. This is for the Assembler B position, too. Since this is his first job in the field we were pretty okay with that to start out with. They told him salary is commesurate with experience. As long as I find a job (let's cross our fingers because I haven't had as much luck ) then we'll be fine. And with all the benefits and everything else they do just to help you relocate, it's worth starting at the bottom for him. I also heard that there are less aircraft-specifically knowledged people he'd be working with at the plant than in other positions, so I'm hoping this will sort of give him an edge in any possible promotions/raises when the time comes.

We are still waiting on the background check to come back which we aren't worried about since he works for a security company where he has to have that all clear anyway to be armed, etc. They told him he would start on a Friday (not sure why?) but we are thinking maybe last Friday in August, first in September possibly?

Right now we are just trying to find a nice 2-3bdr townhouse or apartment to rent. And then there's the fun part of trying to find me a job and our son some type of preschool or daycare (he's 3 1/2) Anyone have any ideas on either of these things? haha. This board has been an excellent resource for those of us coming from out of town too.

Once he gets hired look immediately in the Boeing employee discounts, we saved about $20 a week when my son was in daycare, so about $80 a month through boeing.

Also My car insurance got cut in half with my boeing discount. That was about another $60-70 a month.

If he likes working overtime, he will have some chances... and with his background if he does ok and learns the system, he will be asked often.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:40 PM

212 posts, read 415,110 times
First day of Orientation done - one more to go on Monday. Then 10+ weeks of training.
How hard is it to get to the training site by the Sheraton?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:04 PM

21 posts, read 37,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Once he gets hired look immediately in the Boeing employee discounts, we saved about $20 a week when my son was in daycare, so about $80 a month through boeing.

Also My car insurance got cut in half with my boeing discount. That was about another $60-70 a month.

If he likes working overtime, he will have some chances... and with his background if he does ok and learns the system, he will be asked often.

That's great! Glad to hear it- we will have to look into getting help with finding an apt. or townhouse and preschool for our son as well. Phew, so much to do! Did you guys rent or did you find a house to buy? We are wanting to wait until we've been here for a little while before taking on a big thing like buying our first house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area