U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 AM

1,185 posts, read 813,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedme247 View Post
I applied for two different administrative positions with Boeing and after passing the battery tests, I check after two weeks and was no longer considered for either one. Then about 3 weeks later I was sent one email saying that one of the positions were closed. Then about TWO months later, I was sent the other email about the second position, that it too was closed. So that right there tells you that the job notification system is a little wonky. Good luck to everyone though!
Similar experience here, but change those weeks to months. It can take a very long time folks.

BTW: In the mean time a much better job was aquired, keep looking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 AM

18 posts, read 22,481 times
i was told for those interviewed back in November, that from those interviewed the ones boeing are not intrested in have had their status updated to no longer under consideration on the system. So i guess being under consideration is still a good thing, but when already!

Old 02-11-2012, 05:45 AM

42 posts, read 58,604 times
Rumor is they'll be hiring late this month and early next month.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:26 AM

3,383 posts, read 3,269,393 times
EIP!

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM

42 posts, read 58,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
EIP!

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.
What does eip mean?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:05 PM

3,383 posts, read 3,269,393 times
Employee Incentive Plan

Incentive plan for Boeing Employees(though I heard union employees are exempt from it from their own choice, an ex Everett employee joked the Union doesn't like performance based pay)

Long story short, based on companies performance financially, a bunch of flow charts, equations, BPIs etc... and typical Boeing processes you get a bonus.

Last year it was 14.25 extra days of pay.

this year it is 16 days of pay.

What qualifies as a day of pay? You take your entire earnings from last year before taxes/benefits/401k, BUT include overtime, shift differentials, etc... Divide by 260, then multiply that by the days of pay announced in EIP.

IF you worked alot of overtime, your numbers are higher, then a nomral days pay, same with 2nd or 3rd shift.

16 days is over 3 weeks of work, and since it takes your overtime into account, its a higher rate then your normal pay.

So basically you get an extra paycheck, no 401k/benefits take from it, of 3 weeks and one day.

And its even better if you tweak your W4, so "da man" doesn't snatch all of it up in taxes.

Either way based on 2011 performance we get paid it on 2/15/12

As for next year Boeing SC, will have an additional program added onto the EIP if I heard right so based on your performance you can earn even more then the amount listed above.

As I stated before about people that hate the pay, the company pays you in other ways then traditional hourly rates.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM

212 posts, read 227,791 times
I LOVE EIP! Extra money just for showing up and doing my job.

Now if only the constant unscheduled and last-minute shifts changes, MANDATORY weekend work, and inconsistent management policies would resolve themselves the work environment would be great. I've been through 5 managers in 4 months and there is no rhyme or reason as to why. Asking my manager what is going on gets me the deer-in-the-headlights look and a B.S. answer. I'm not an idiot, know my job, and actually like what I do. Just wish they would schedule me for more certification classes so that I can do my jobs by myself instead of having to wait on help from others.

Just a day or 2 notice for shift changes and last-minute weekend work requirements. However, I have to work and have to be here until the end of July - then I can decide if I want to keep putting up with the cr@p going on here. Looking to transfer to another Boeing site in August if the possibility arises.

The area is OK, but OMG get ready for high taxes and high food prices. The people are friendly but the counties get their pound of flesh from you each time you buy something. Not what I expected but have to put up with it none the less.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM

67 posts, read 63,452 times
I have a question: When applying to Boeing, do the ONLY do it online, or can you just show up at the plant itself and fill out an app? We're moving there soon, and my husband applied online (just for an assembly job) and he is STILL under consideration, and it's been since SPETEMBER!

Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 AM

212 posts, read 227,791 times
Mandy,
Once you apply online you'll get an email from them when / if they want you to continue on. Nothing is done at the plant until the week you are scheduled to start.
There are lots of new faces at the plant and the training location is full of trainees so I know they are still hiring. I'm sure there's a backlog of applicants. I hate to put it this way but just be patient. There is nobody for him to call at this time, unfortunately, that can give him any other information.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy1116 View Post
I have a question: When applying to Boeing, do the ONLY do it online, or can you just show up at the plant itself and fill out an app? We're moving there soon, and my husband applied online (just for an assembly job) and he is STILL under consideration, and it's been since SPETEMBER!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM

67 posts, read 63,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGator View Post
Mandy,
Once you apply online you'll get an email from them when / if they want you to continue on. Nothing is done at the plant until the week you are scheduled to start.
There are lots of new faces at the plant and the training location is full of trainees so I know they are still hiring. I'm sure there's a backlog of applicants. I hate to put it this way but just be patient. There is nobody for him to call at this time, unfortunately, that can give him any other information.

Hope this helps.
It does help, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area