Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,629,456 times

Advertisements

Air India

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,440 times
Just a note to thank all who post here. This helped me through the hire process, stressful to say the least. I have just cleared all contingencies, Will be headed to Charleston soon! Applied in June 2012, cleared contingencies Dec 2012. A special note of thanks to Mustangeater82, Hope to meet you!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:47 PM

No problem, its been a long journey...

BTW for everyone else, keep an eye out for quiet white planes, with red tails flying around, 54 was flying today, I believe 60 and 65 were flying last week and 72 will be going up soon, all Charleston birds...

Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,936,331 times
We're in one of the landing patterns, and while I'm always looking for them, I've yet to see one.

Now the military transports, that's another story...holy snikees!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,268,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
Now the military transports, that's another story...holy snikees!
Agree those things are insane!

Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Might be one tomorrow... as for C17s, all I have to say, those things do things I NEVER thought a plane that big can do.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,672,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Might be one tomorrow... as for C17s, all I have to say, those things do things I NEVER thought a plane that big can do.
Right. Jeff said flying out of Bagdad in one of those things was the scariest experience he has ever had or will ever imagine. A bird that big doing complex evasive maneuvers is just horrifying to think about!
That's saying a lot considering he regularly has flown into and out of John Wayne airport...possibly the scariest landings in the country, IMO.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,747 times
HI!!
My dad has to take an assesment skill test for the assembler b position. Did your husband had to do that?? if so, what did it involve?? thank you sooo much for your time!!

Old 12-10-2013, 03:15 PM

22 posts, read 62,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lno8875 View Post
HI!!
My dad has to take an assesment skill test for the assembler b position. Did your husband had to do that?? if so, what did it involve?? thank you sooo much for your time!!
I took one recently at a job fair, involved wiring harnesses. Don't freak out, it's REALLY not that complicated. They talk you through the process from start to finish, and you are allowed to ask the instructors as many questions as you'd like ... actually I encourage you to ask questions whether you know how to do it or not, because this is what they are evaluating you for ... to see that you are trainable and that you really want to learn. The job itself was NOT for doing wiring harnesses; if your dad can do THIS, then he can definitely do what they REALLY want him to do once he gets in! The test is REALLY not as hard as it sounds, just as long as he asks questions and is willing to learn along the way, he will be FINE. As long as he shows an INKLING of effort, they will pretty much hand it to him. Just don't get lost and say "I can't do this," or, "I don't know what I'm doing." They don't want to hear that. Once he is done, he will feel so silly for worrying about the whole darn thing!

Good luck to him, hope this helps. Honestly I haven't seen or heard about other assessments but my job title is what your dad's soon will be.

Last edited by willwgp; 12-10-2013 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: added more, corrected else

Old 04-28-2014, 09:16 AM

4 posts, read 5,685 times
does anyone know the best way to contact the HR dept at the North Charleston facility???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area