Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:49 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,322,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
You make them sound so appealing.
They call them Mudbugs down in La...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 AM

246 posts, read 518,543 times
Posted on SELLSFISH this morning:

Crawfish are on a late flight.......get in to CHS at 4:50pm, depending on traffic should be at the store around 5:30 this afternoon.

Geaux, Paul said that if you can tell him exactly what spices you use, that he can boil some for you...

Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 PM

246 posts, read 518,543 times
The little buggers came in on the afternoon flight. There was a customer waiting in the store for them to come in and he purchased 30 lbs.

I've never seen live ones and they were bigger than I'd expected. I am more comfortable with lobsters...at least THEY have elastic bands around their claws!

They are from Louisiana and the local grown ones from the Sumpter area will be here around April 1.

Paul brought in 70 lbs, don't know how long they'll last and if anyone is interested, I'd suggest getting to the store early....opens at ten o'clock.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:57 PM

217 posts, read 573,293 times
Hmm, he originally said he'd steam them, which is just plain blasphemous to me, LOL. I guess I missed the boat on the boiling, huh? But for those interested, my non-chef friends who boil their own crawfish generally cheat and use Louisiana brand boil seasoning. They don't sell it in grocery stores here, but I think they sell it at Cherie's in Hanahan. Definitely on CajunGrocer.com. I'm sure some people dump about a gallon of Tony's in there, too. Along with small red potatoes and corn (on the cob.) Louisiana brand remoulade sauce is a must, too.

And now I'm hungry!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:53 AM

76 posts, read 182,387 times
You missed out on this batch, but I will have another 90 lbs on Thursday.....By the way, we had and old Coon@ss eating the ones out of our steamer and he loved them. My nephew is trying to chase down 20 lbs that got out of the bag in his garage!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM

160 posts, read 311,491 times
Ate a late lunch at Cherie's today with the family. It was wonderful. Hubby finally got Boudin like he had back in Rosepine. They brought out some Crawfish out from the boil they had and they were great. They are thinking of having another crawfish boil in 2 weeks.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 PM

21 posts, read 63,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPuppy View Post
I don't really have a choice in moving. It's either go where my boyfriend gets a job or break up with him. Not exactly an easy thing to do just to stay where my favorite food is. Charleston is far from my first choice in a place to live, but you go where the money is. I'm doing my best to look forward to it; I know it's a beautiful place, very dog friendly, and I'm hoping to have a good time considering we'll probably be there for 5 or more years. So that, my friend, is why people move places and still want things from where they are from -- because we didn't really want to move away in the first place :P
That's alright, we don't much mind southern-born transplants. It's those big city northern transplants that irk me, with their big city ways and ultra lib blue politics, whining they can't get an authentic deep dish pizza! Welcome home!

Old 02-17-2018, 02:26 PM

139 posts, read 210,908 times
Put a sock in it dude. Moving is beyond our control sometimes. May you be forced to move to NYC and be forced to adapt without the luxuries and quality of living that we have here

Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
I would try visiting Louisiana

why do people move here and ask for everything to be like where they came from, just stay there!

Old 02-17-2018, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 473 times
search by local people there

Old 02-17-2018, 03:08 PM

1,665 posts, read 973,088 times
Louisiana here. Title caught my eye. We basically live in the middle of hundreds of crawfish fields. When we have heavy rains for a bit, the crawfish is all over the roads, ditches.. We go ride during day or night. Literally pick what we want. Big ones to boil, small for bait. Ain't nothing like free crawfish. Especially when prices go over 100$ a sack. That's ridiculous! So next time we boil, I'll think about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area