U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM

2,880 posts, read 6,168,830 times

Advertisements

Yeah what amazes me is that it's such a reliable phenomenon. With sightings going back decades. This somewhat suggests it is scientific in its origin but if that is true than it is still something we don't understand.

I'm in Columbia now for school but you'd better believe when I'm back in town I'm going back. Might bring a camera or at least binoculars to get a better look at it.

Anyone have any idea why that end of the road is blocked off to vehicles now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post
Wow really? That's unbelievable. It is so freaky that this has been going on for so long and no one can explain it. Thanks for coming back and updating, it gave me the chills. I wondered if you ever went. As for me, I will NEVER go there, but I like hearing the stories.
Come on scjj! Go out and see it for yourself! Haha I don't blame you for wanting to stay away. I hear these stories of people who stick around when the light approaches them or even walk towards the light but I think that is beyond me at the current stage. No, if it gives me any indication it is coming towards me I'm in my car faster than any ghost light can fly. Why you always park facing out!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM

890 posts, read 3,967,472 times
NO WAY! The haunted mansion in Disney World is about all my heart can handle. If I saw something like that coming at me I would completely freak out. Take a video of it though, that would be cool. I would love to see that.

I haven't been back there in a looong time so I have no idea about the road being blocked. The place creeps me out, even in the daytime there is just something about it.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:12 PM

32 posts, read 127,097 times
Not sure of the reason the road has been blocked off, but from what I have been reading, cars have been known to have been flipped on their sides out there......I'm not letting my son take my car out there anymore!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,740,526 times
Anyone have any links to pictures of these lights? Since this phenomenon has been around for so long there must be some photos out there?

Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri89 View Post
Not sure of the reason the road has been blocked off, but from what I have been reading, cars have been known to have been flipped on their sides out there......I'm not letting my son take my car out there anymore!
I find this hard to believe! Sure there is something out there, but I really doubt it has the power (or motive) to flip a car over. I think everyone in the Charleston area would have heard of it if this happened! In fact, it would be known nationwide. Not saying it's not a good idea from preventing your son from going out there but rest assured whatever this thing is, it's not that powerful.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
Anyone have any links to pictures of these lights? Since this phenomenon has been around for so long there must be some photos out there?
That's a great point and no I've never seen any pictures of this. This must be fuel for skeptics out there. I should be back in town within a month or so, and I will bring a camera out there and at least try to get something.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,740,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
That's a great point and no I've never seen any pictures of this. This must be fuel for skeptics out there. I should be back in town within a month or so, and I will bring a camera out there and at least try to get something.
Good luck Dave! Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:51 AM

308 posts, read 940,021 times
Where exactly is it? I really want to check it out!!! (Sorry if I missed the directions above...) one of the links says "Light Rd & I-26". Did they rename a road because of this?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 AM

32 posts, read 127,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
I find this hard to believe! Sure there is something out there, but I really doubt it has the power (or motive) to flip a car over. I think everyone in the Charleston area would have heard of it if this happened! In fact, it would be known nationwide. Not saying it's not a good idea from preventing your son from going out there but rest assured whatever this thing is, it's not that powerful.
I wasn't saying that was the reason the road was closed off. There are many stories out there where this has supposedly happened over the years (talking back to the 60's). Other stories have reported cars stalling out, radios going on and off, and one person wrote about their car actually being pushed when it wasn't even on. Weird stuff. I love to read all the stories though. My son will continue to go out there with his buddies....he's almost 20, so I can't stop him, but he just won't be taking my car out there, unless I go with him. Don't underestimate the power spirits can have. Some believe, some don't. If nothing else, it gives people something to do on a friday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or