U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 AM

2,880 posts, read 6,167,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post
Technology out in the woods for the last 40 years? in Summerville? ROTFL!!! Who knows what this "thing" is, but if I were hearing voices out there I don't think I would tempt fate to find out. Interesting, I found another story eerily similar to this one, with the same tale of a train accident and a lantern in the Wilmington, NC area, maybe they are related and are looking for one another: The legend of Maco Light | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News
Lol I know that's crazy, I was only thinking aloud. Ghost or not, whatever out there is not a human hoax.

No wait,..maybe it's a time traveler from the future and something really important will happen on that road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:09 PM

2,501 posts, read 6,891,330 times
Or maybe it's a really old homeless guy who was way ahead of his time (technologically, that is)

I'm a skeptic about ghost stuff, so "have" to find a logical explanation somehow...no matter how outlandish! LOL (but hey, don't count me out on the ghost-hunting party!)

Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,070,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth1104 View Post
Great, now I gotta drive to Wilmington!
Road trip!!!! lol

Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 PM

2,880 posts, read 6,167,376 times
I consider myself at least somewhat skeptical but I'm also a person of probabilities. After seeing the light (especially if it does something) I'd say there's only a small chance of being non-paranormal.

I mean, think of the millions of experiences people have had in all countries throughout the ages. All the legends. I'm sure we could chalk up most to insanity, a logical explanation, hoaxes, or drugs but there's no way all of them can be explained like that.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:59 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,017,183 times
Amazed nobody's mentioned the Grey Man!!

Old 01-14-2009, 04:20 AM

308 posts, read 939,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Amazed nobody's mentioned the Grey Man!!
Oh no.... now what?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,070,949 times
Geechie is this what you are talking about?
Legend of the GrayMan (http://www.graymanwrites.com/gm-lgnd.html - broken link)

http://www.coastalguide.com/tales/pelicangreyman.shtml

Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 PM

2,501 posts, read 6,891,330 times
Yeah, I've heard of the Grey Man on Pawley's Island and have a friend whose dad says he saw it one foggy...evening or morning (don't remember which) - the apparition was wearing a trench coat and walking down the beach. hm-m-m-m-m.... Sounds like more ghost hunting adventures await....

Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,017,183 times
From what I understand, the Grey (or Gray) Man is not just a Pawley's phenom.
He was seen during the 30's tornado outbreak in downtown Charleston, and when Hazel raked the coast in '54 before coming ashore in s. NC.
No sightings of him during Hugo;, at least none I've heard of.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:58 PM

870 posts, read 1,712,050 times
The first time I went to see the Summerville light (in High school mid 90's) was interesting.

Driving down the road we paused briefly and got out to see what we could see and there was a cows skull laying on the side of the road by an old couch. I was there with a bunch of friends and one of the girls was kind of freaked out by the cow so we mooed at her the rest of the night

We went a few more times after and once got brave enough to go all the way down the road and realized it was shep island road.

I haven't been in years.

There is a creepy abandoned church on 165 out towards Ravanel. I don't know any specific stories but even after being abandoned for quite some time (several years at least) the piano is never out of tune. It also has a creepy graveyard next to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or