U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 AM

99 posts, read 428,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post
I don't think you are going to see it during the daytime, you have to go at night.
Actually, that's what the cop said when I told him why I was there. He at first said it comes at night and I said, "There's no way I'm coming here at night". Then he said the light is actually caused by the headlights of traffic from the highway or something like that and I just nodded. I don't think this cop was a believer in the ghost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:48 AM

99 posts, read 428,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post
Yes people do dump back there and that in itself is creepy. That and the fact that if someone pulls up behind you, you had better hope they are friendly and not up to no good because you will be blocked in. That is what I never liked about going back there. I always felt like someone was going to appear out of nowhere. It is so isolated that someone could do something and no one would ever see or hear it. I'm glad to hear the cops are keeping an eye on it, they need to.

If you want some more entertaining reading I found two more stories about experiences back there:

Summerville Light

Summerville Light Road(South Carolina)
I totally agree with you. The whole time I was there, I was looking behind my shoulder worried about what car would pull up behind me and you know how hard it is to turn the car around so you are kind of trapped. If I ever do it again, I'll walk but I don't think I'll be brave enough to go at night.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:22 PM

2,880 posts, read 6,153,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffan28 View Post
Actually, that's what the cop said when I told him why I was there. He at first said it comes at night and I said, "There's no way I'm coming here at night". Then he said the light is actually caused by the headlights of traffic from the highway or something like that and I just nodded. I don't think this cop was a believer in the ghost.
lol that cop has obviously has either never seen the light or saw it but just has too much of a rigid world view to accept that something unnatural is probably out there.

I would like to ask him how that is possible since Sheep Island Rd runs at around a 50-60 degree angle from I-26 and there are no other major roads for a long way. summerville sc - Google Maps
These cars would need headlights on their sides!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,060,855 times
People have said for years it was headlights but it has never been proven to be true.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 AM

308 posts, read 938,077 times
Unless it's a car with 1 headlight on the side, and that headlight is yellow & resembles a lantern...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,060,855 times
It was also said it could swamp gas.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 837,701 times
I know I'm a little late on this thread but here's my two cents: Techgeek mentioned Ravenel and there is supposedly a light just past there in Parker's Ferry. If you're heading south on 17, you'd take a right on Parker's Ferry Road and it's somewhere down there a few miles. Supposedly it's the ghosts of three teenagers who were killed in a wreck when hit by a logging truck - their graves are by a church on that road. People have supposedly seen the light but I haven't yet.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 PM

2,046 posts, read 837,701 times
I just caught the double meaning in the last sentence of my post yesterday!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 PM

43 posts, read 144,505 times
From what I understand, there are plans to remove the bridge over I-26 and to build a parkway where Sheep Island Road is now. Ten years ago, I used to take my Jeep back there. FWIW, I never saw any lights, but I wasn't looking for them either.

Here's the link to the Streetview map:
Sheep Island Rd, Summerville, Berkeley, South Carolina 29483 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/dlqx3b - broken link)

Old 03-15-2009, 08:10 AM

58 posts, read 215,510 times
Default the ghost is in mapquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyGinSC View Post
From what I understand, there are plans to remove the bridge over I-26 and to build a parkway where Sheep Island Road is now. Ten years ago, I used to take my Jeep back there. FWIW, I never saw any lights, but I wasn't looking for them either.

Here's the link to the Streetview map:
Sheep Island Rd, Summerville, Berkeley, South Carolina 29483 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/dlqx3b - broken link)
wow, if you go to the link, turn about 210 degrees to your right, looking almost directly down, there is a redish light floating just above the ground. thats funny...... i hope some one else see it................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or