U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:01 AM

397 posts, read 948,889 times

Advertisements

wow - this post started last July! Just curious, have you moved yet and which did you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
Default Neither.

They are both nice, But Daniel Island I think is over priced plus when the wind blows a certain way you will often have soot on your houses and cars from the paper plant. It doesnt smell very nice either. Park West/Dunes West are nice but they are on the wrong side of HWY. 17. You want to be on the other side. Much less traffic. I live in Hamlin Plantation which is beautiful. Much closer to the beaches, shopping and restaurants. Much less traffic. I have lived in 2 houses here and wouldnt consider anywhere else. There are 4 distinct neighborhoods to choose from, and its much smaller and more personal than the others. We moved from Buffalo NY 7 years ago and never regretted it... You will love the taxes and the year around activities. Please be prepared for the heat though. Good Luck
Lisa
ps I am not a realtor

Old 10-20-2009, 09:54 AM

22,771 posts, read 12,169,353 times
Yeah I would choose Hamlin over Daniel Island and Park West -- it's a much better location.

I know Park West has many amenitities but it is so far from the city and the beaches. Hamlin isn't that far to Town Center, closer to the beaches and it is easier to get into the city.

Did notice on my last trip though that Rifle Range can get a bit hairy on A Friday afternoon -- it wasn't even tourist season.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 AM

31 posts, read 61,899 times
How do the schools compare in hamlin plantation to park/dunes west? When you say be prepared for the heat--howlong does really hot last and does the heat always come with humidity? many
thanks!!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:59 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,060,042 times
Hot and Humid here for at least four months, it was nice out yesterday but I still ended up sweeting through my shirt....

Old 08-14-2011, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,866 times
Hamlin Plantation is beautiful, but a bit far out in Mt. Pleasant. To be closer to downtown, beaches, and still stay in an affordable area, I recommend Seaside Farms and Sweetgrass. They are right off of the Isle of Palms Connector (5 minutes from Isle of Palms beaches), right around the corner from the Mt. Pleasant towne center, and only 10 minutes to downtown Charleston. Homes in these neighborhoods start in the high $200's. Feel free to contact me for more advice, or for active properties for sale in Charleston. I am happy to help with your relocation!

Kim Boulter, Realtor
Healthy Realty
(843) 640-7799
kimkboulter@gmail.com
Kim Boulter realtor, healthy realty ?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 PM

7,934 posts, read 15,060,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBoulter View Post
Hamlin Plantation is beautiful, but a bit far out in Mt. Pleasant. To be closer to downtown, beaches, and still stay in an affordable area, I recommend Seaside Farms and Sweetgrass. They are right off of the Isle of Palms Connector (5 minutes from Isle of Palms beaches), right around the corner from the Mt. Pleasant towne center, and only 10 minutes to downtown Charleston. Homes in these neighborhoods start in the high $200's. Feel free to contact me for more advice, or for active properties for sale in Charleston. I am happy to help with your relocation!

Kim
Kim, you may want to read the TOS before you post, especially since you agreed to them when you signed up.....

ps: this thread is over four years old....

Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 AM

Many folks I know who live on Daniels Island LOVE IT BUT......their kids all come to Mount Pleasant for sporting activities and go to private schools......

School system in Mount Pleasant is amazing.......

Daniel Island's school system is relative new and growing so may be fine for elementary level but not sure middle school and high school are going to be the equivalent of Mount Pleasant schools for a while.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 AM

4,281 posts, read 10,693,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah I would choose Hamlin over Daniel Island and Park West -- it's a much better location.

I know Park West has many amenitities but it is so far from the city and the beaches. Hamlin isn't that far to Town Center, closer to the beaches and it is easier to get into the city.

Did notice on my last trip though that Rifle Range can get a bit hairy on A Friday afternoon -- it wasn't even tourist season.

I would choose Park West over Hamlin. Hamlin might be closer to the ocean (by less then 4 miles or so) but it is out by itself. No walk, bike ride, golf cart, etc. to stores, restaurants, etc. Always had to get in the car to go anywhere, same as when I lived in Rivertowne. Had to get in the car to go get anything. Became easier when Harris Teeter opened but still...in the car to go get anything.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM

I've been driving that Rifle Range route from Bowman to Porchers Bluff. Hamlin is not so far out there really (and even I thought it was). It is very close to the Kohls/Walmart shopping etc...and all the Park West amenities...it's closer to the high school.......and not too far from the beach. It's relative easy access to Rifle Range/IOP/Hungry Neck means there is quick access to 526, Chuck Dawley, etc......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area