U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM

12 posts, read 12,077 times

Advertisements

I've been reading this forum on and off for years knowing one day I would be taking the plunge. This is the last winter this southern girl at heart can handle.

So I've done my research, I'm getting my ducks in a row and with luck, I'll be enjoying warmer weather before next year's snow fall. (oh please oh please oh please!)

I've done a little additional research regarding rentals and would like to avoid apartment living if possible. Can anyone direct me to some links for condo/townhome/duplex rental properties in the W. Ashley, Mt. Pleasant areas? I appreciate any tips. I realize its early to start looking for housing, but want to get an idea of what I'll need to budget for.

Much thanks! Lookin' forward to some boiled peanuts and shrimp and grits for Sunday breakfast in the very near future!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 AM

10,646 posts, read 9,015,664 times
Just get with one of the realtors down here - I'm sure a few will chime in. That way you avoid worrying about if it's a scam or not.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:11 PM

2,525 posts, read 7,182,223 times
Actually any of our individual websites will link to the area MLS. You can check those for rentals.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 PM

661 posts, read 1,202,996 times
Also, if you prefer, there are lots of rentals posted on www.craigslist.com

Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 AM

Thanks for the tips. Craigslist did have a lot of listings.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,068,979 times
Be careful with the listings on Craiglist, alot are scams, do not send or wire any money at all.....

Try Realtor.com also...

Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 PM

780 posts, read 1,339,778 times
charlestonrealestateguide.com is helpful also.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM

167 posts, read 269,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik in WI For Now View Post
I've been reading this forum on and off for years knowing one day I would be taking the plunge. This is the last winter this southern girl at heart can handle.

So I've done my research, I'm getting my ducks in a row and with luck, I'll be enjoying warmer weather before next year's snow fall. (oh please oh please oh please!)

I've done a little additional research regarding rentals and would like to avoid apartment living if possible. Can anyone direct me to some links for condo/townhome/duplex rental properties in the W. Ashley, Mt. Pleasant areas? I appreciate any tips. I realize its early to start looking for housing, but want to get an idea of what I'll need to budget for.

Much thanks! Lookin' forward to some boiled peanuts and shrimp and grits for Sunday breakfast in the very near future!!
Good luck to you. My wife & me are trying to move there this year also.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM

35 posts, read 81,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
charlestonrealestateguide.com is helpful also.
+1, I agree. A lot of rental companies' websites seem to list their own properties only, but this one lists them all (from the MLS, anyway): Rentals - Charleston MLS

Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 AM

Thank you for the direct link Mike.

Good luck to you and your wife Crusher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area